Hi pit.

I've been living alone for about 3 years now and always rented. Before, I have never had a problem getting my bond/deposit back from the landlord but the one from my last place is causing me trouble.

I paid off the final three months in advance so I didn't have to worry about it over the phone to them. Everything was confirmed and seemed OK. I gave the money to the parents of a friend who was living with me at the time who paid it by credit card. It was confirmed several times as I'm always funny with my money.

I asked for my deposit back and they are saying that rent is still outstanding and was never sent to the head office. I've proved the payment several times but nothing has come back to me. It's frustrating and I have no idea what to do to get it back. Should I seek legal advice or is there another cheaper way?
Quote by Karvid
You win this thread. And UG. I haven't actually lol'd at a post in a really long time. Thanks for changing that. I expect a sig

He expected this.

Something you definitely need to know
Yea, i'd definitly seek some legal advice. Whats else is there to do?
Especially if you have the right and good enough proof and papers to show all that you need to.
Sue em' basicly.
Quote by Thepoison92
http://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/
Contact those people, It's free (I think) And they will normally give you the best advice

Cheers pal. I tried finding the branch in Birmingham a while ago, but the signs lead me around in a very large circle.
Quote by Karvid
You win this thread. And UG. I haven't actually lol'd at a post in a really long time. Thanks for changing that. I expect a sig

He expected this.

Something you definitely need to know
Quote by daniel.mycoe
Cheers pal. I tried finding the branch in Birmingham a while ago, but the signs lead me around in a very large circle.

Just email them, but in all fairness, I'm pretty sure your landlord has no legal ground to stand on, if you can prove that the rent was all paid then I'm pretty sure they're obliged to give it back