Hello UG. I posted a week or two ago asking for help in spending my money, and I was told to check out some of the Crate V series amps, AD30VT, as well as a few others amplifiers and decided it wasn't worth the money upgrading from a shitty 30 watt amp, to a better 30 watt amp of around the same price. My budget is anywhere from $500-$800, willing to buy used gear.

My current gear: Epiphone LPSP, and I made the mistake of buying an MG30DFX (you can all laugh it's okay) before doing some research on it.

Music I play and listen to: I mainly listen to metal but also some classic hard rock and newer stuff. Some of the bands I like are Metallica, AC/DC, Black Sabbath, GNR, RATM, Audioslave, and a few more, been playing a while but I am still learning, need to work on playing faster for solos =P.

I don't really gig yet, but I do play with a few friends, and also my brother is a drummer. We play for fun.

Anyways, I would like some advice on what to buy. I was looking at the DSL401 at first but I heard I can get better for the same price, maybe a bit more expensive.

Hopefully someone here can point me in the right direction so I don't end up making the wrong decision again. Thanks in advance for any help, I am open to all opinions, and I hope I was informative.

EDIT: Typo.
Last edited by Leissak at Oct 30, 2008,
Metal is the main tone you want, yes? I would say, look at the mesa f and dc series (used only, they are out of production), the bugeras are worth a look, and the randal rg50tc and the b-52 at112 and the head cab version are pretty good too. I would also look for a peavey ultra or XXX. The 5150 or 6505 is worth a look, though it may have trouble doing lighter stuff as well as the rest of the amps I listed. There you go, plenty to check out.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
I would be on the lookout for

Used Mesa F-30
Used Peavey XXX combo
Used Peavey Ultra combo

Those would suit you perfect
Quote by Kevin Saale
Metal is the main tone you want, yes? I would say, look at the mesa f and dc series (used only, they are out of production), the bugeras are worth a look, and the randal rg50tc and the b-52 at112 and the head cab version are pretty good too. I would also look for a peavey ultra or XXX. The 5150 or 6505 is worth a look, though it may have trouble doing lighter stuff as well as the rest of the amps I listed. There you go, plenty to check out.

He pretty much said the exact suggestions I was going to say.
Quote by dannyniceboy
I consider myself to be really intelligent and I've gotten into a fight coz this kid thought it was nasty to put sour cream on enchiladas.

Quote by Minkaro
The fact that I went TOO high singing a Darkness song on Singstar

DARK RED TEAM
Thanks for all of the suggestions, I will be sure to check them all out.

Also, I live in Orlando, FL.

Any more suggestions are welcome.
Just an update, no can do on that Mesa, he's looking for $1100 for it, no less.