The title says it all...

If they are I'm totally ****ed... I actually like their songs pain, sweetness and Just tonight. And I'm a metal head. Am I losing my f-ing mind?

If they are... someone shot me, I'd rather be dead than an emo fan...

CONFLICT!!!
"You can drink an ugly chick hot, but you can’t drink a fat chick skinny."

Fender: HSS Stratocaster

Modulus: 1991 Q5

Peavey:158BASS
Marshall: MG30FDX
Acoustic: B200
you're such a douchebag. if you like their music, who cares how other people classify them?

but to answer your question, no, they're not.
Don't worry, we'd rather you be dead too.

...but I don't think so, at least, not from what I heard from their first or second album....
Quote by Teh Forest King
A kid took a fetal pig during pig dissection, put a napkin on it as a cape, wrote "super pig" on it, then threw it out the window onto the greenhouse below, yelling "super pig, blast off!". He failed the pig lab
omg you're like not manly anymore cuz u dont listen to metal omg ur emo.

Honestly. If you like their songs LISTEN TO THEM. Don't give a rat's ass about whether it fits into that metal category that makes you so masculine.
Epiphone G-400
GFS Crunchy PAF - Bridge

DigiTech Bad Monkey
iSP Decimator

New Amp Fund: Depleted
Liking one emo band does not make you an emo fanboy. Pete Wentz is still not your idol
"If God exists, there's no way he is French" - Andrea Pirlo

S A D B O Y S
Yes, they are emo in the true sense of what emo actually is. But who gives a shit, honestly? Get over the entire genre thing and listen to something because you bloody like it. Don't stop listening to it because some people have no idea what emo is and rip on those who listen to it. JEW are more emo than MCR ever were.

EDIT: And don't label yourself. Listen to whatever you want and simply call yourself what you are- a music fan.
Quote by Arthur Curry
you're such a douchebag. if you like their music, who cares how other people classify them?

and you say you like the doors, the who, and jimi hendrix in your fav bands.

hmm...hendrix is acid rock, the who is rock, the doors are psychedelic...

yup, you sure are a metal-head.
Quote by monkeysintheday
I have trained a live tarantula to calm and sit on my guitar due to the awesome powers of my rocking. When I am not playing it angrily bounces about my room hitting everything that isn't me.

Quote by stef123

rageagainst64 you are a legend!
Last edited by rageagainst64 at Oct 30, 2008,
Quote by gizmodious
The title says it all...

If they are I'm totally ****ed... I actually like their songs pain, sweetness and Just tonight. And I'm a metal head. Am I losing my f-ing mind?

CONFLICT!!!

I've never listened to them but yes, yes they are.
Quote by gizmodious
The title says it all...

CONFLICT!!!

your fav bands
Trivium, Mastodon, Dragonforce, Nirvana, Foo Fighters, Hendrix, The who, The Doors, Metallica, Dream Theatre, Machine Head, Slipknot, etc.

i have nothing against hendrix, or nirvana...but no...just....no....
ಠ_ಠ
- Yes, My name is actually Terran -
- Not just a Starcraft fan -

Terran > Zerg and Protoss
They label themselves emo so I guess so.

But you must be ****in' retarded or twelve.
Seriously. Grow the **** up.

There's no denying they're a great band.

BTW if you want some other great songs listen to Bleed American, A Praise Chorus and The Middle
Quote by Vindication
sorry, but were you born a dumbass or did your mom n' dad take turns bashing your head with cinderblocks?

Quote by Gemini
You know that if you image search "pitbulls humping", all that comes up is a myspace a guy made for their dog?

I didn't actually..
Quote by gizmodious
The title says it all...

CONFLICT!!!

What a sad person you are. If you like them listen to them, dont care what other people think.
Yes they are. You're stupid.
Quote by LPDave
and my mom then told me to masturbate more.

Quote by Toastbot

Big burly men grunting without shirts on pretty much summed up my childhood.

Quote by The Leader
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do more look like?
Saying that liking an emo song makes you emo is like saying having a gay friend makes you gay.

No J.E.W. (lol) is not emo. read their lyrics
Quote by I.O.T.M
Liking one emo band does not make you an emo fanboy. Pete Wentz is still not your idol

ahaha nice. Thanks for the feedback, and thanks emo fans, I appreciate you lashing out at me for loving metal

Quote by Deliriumbassist
Yes, they are emo in the true sense of what emo actually is. But who gives a shit, honestly? Get over the entire genre thing and listen to something because you bloody like it. Don't stop listening to it because some people have no idea what emo is and rip on those who listen to it. JEW are more emo than MCR ever were.

EDIT: And don't label yourself. Listen to whatever you want and simply call yourself what you are- a music fan.

****ING YES
Quote by Carmel
You are a redeeming feature for the UG Swedish population.

All-riiight.
TS, are you a tool? Just because you like those songs doesn't make you a emo fanboy.

EDIT: Forgot a word.
i don't give a fuck what you listen to. i'm only telling you for your own benefit that you shouldn't let public perception control your taste in music. that's so stupid.
Quote by sam b
I've got my gun, now give me your address and I'll be on my way.

God i love the pit. Keep the hate coming!!! I was actually slightly depressed before this post but you guys are cheering me up

Quote by Arthur Curry
i don't give a fuck what you listen to. i'm only telling you for your own benefit that you shouldn't let public perception control your taste in music. that's so stupid.

I don't give a **** what the public thinks. Its myself I couldn't live with

And to all you guys saying doors and Hendrix isnt metal, your absolutely right. Being a metal head doesnt mean you dont respect the classics, it just means you prefer metal.

I guess I'm not a true metal head... I'm gonna take a long draw on my hash pipe and think this over

Nah. They're a fairly standard rock band. They range from rock to pop-rock to pop-punk to a sorta indie-ish sound. They just get labelled emo because they have melancholy lyrics some of the time, which is a bastardisation of the term "emo" anyway. Still, The Middle is one of the most positive songs in the world, so... hm.

Anyway, if you like music, listen to it, regardless of genre.

I love Jimmy Eat World. They're great live too.
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman
Sigs are wastes of my precious screen space.

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
Quote by gizmodious
God i love the pit. Keep the hate coming!!! I was actually slightly depressed before this post but you guys are cheering me up

xD

I actually find it funny how everyone rips on you because they're open-minded.

Ah, I love the smell of elitism in the morning (or night, I suppose it's 7:30 pm here).