I was invited by my friend Dylan to a party tomorrow night, Halloween. About 40-60 people are going to be there but the problem is, I won't know any of them. I have an issue with self confidence so I can't just go up to people, introduce myself, and keep a conversation going. I need some pointers to not only talking to people I don't know, but getting someone to come up to me and start a conversation. I have been low lately, a relationship of mine just went sour, so I am really looking to have fun and meet new girls. Since this party is going to mainly consist of girls, it should be perfect. I don't know if I want to dress as my original costume either. I thought it was funny but people might take it the wrong way. I am "God's gift to the world". Its a joke, I am dressing up with a box wrapped in christmas wrapping paper with a tag that says "from god". Advice?
My Gear:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster
Epiphone Sheraton II
Fender Blues Deluxe Reissue
Teese RMC Picture Wah
MXR Carbon Copy
Keeley Modded TS9
Korg Pitchblack
Schecter Omen 6
Dean Performer Acoustic

Just talk. Nothing more to it. One point of parties is to meet people, and eventually bang them.
Quote by SmElLy KiD
That is priceless man, you might be my new idol.

TS, whenever I see your username, I misread it as "isuckhardcocks."

Just had to get that out there.

We're ticking away, the moments that make up the dull days
Quote by isuckhardcore
Just talk. Nothing more to it. One point of parties is to meet people, and eventually bang them.

yup.
and be friendly, be yourself, listen when others talk. youll be gettin laid in no time
Quote by monkeysintheday
I have trained a live tarantula to calm and sit on my guitar due to the awesome powers of my rocking. When I am not playing it angrily bounces about my room hitting everything that isn't me.

Quote by stef123

rageagainst64 you are a legend!
is there any alcohol? if so then you're fine i guess
if not just ask/comment on their costumes
Quote by nincompoop
potcorn56, you are a god.
I think you need to get really drunk.

You can totally reinvent yourself! Call yourself Terrence and tell everyone you wrestle alligators for a living!

Or just find a girl and woo her.

RMF

I was much further out than you thought
And not waving but drowning.
I was much too far out all my life
And not waving but drowning.
Yep, get some liquid courage into you, and flirt it up with the sexy chicks.

If all else fails, bag a drunk fat chick.
Quote by Alopikal

This. You don't need to be drunk to become more confident, just a little drinkypoo will do the trick.
I hate going places where I dont know people.
■■■
'member The Pit of 10'? oH, I 'member!

╚═ ▼▲▼▲▼═╝
Just keep drinking copious amounts of alcohol until the night starts to make some sort of sense.
Quote by Adamtbh
aweful costume.

what's wrong with it?
My Gear:
Epiphone Sheraton II
Teese RMC Picture Wah
MXR Carbon Copy
Keeley Modded TS9
Korg Pitchblack
Schecter Omen 6
Dean Performer Acoustic

Wear a naked costume, that'll be a conversation starter. But btw your current costume sounds awesome, i'm sure there are some topics you could talk to people about.

Quote by WlCmToTheJungle
I was invited by my friend Dylan to a party tomorrow night, Halloween. About 40-60 people are going to be there but the problem is, I won't know any of them.

Eh?
Quote by aaciseric
Wear a naked costume, that'll be a conversation starter. But btw your current costume sounds awesome, i'm sure there are some topics you could talk to people about.

Eh?

ok, well, then i'll know one person lol. I can't be following him around all night though.
My Gear:
Epiphone Sheraton II
Teese RMC Picture Wah
MXR Carbon Copy
Keeley Modded TS9
Korg Pitchblack
Schecter Omen 6
Dean Performer Acoustic

Yeah u dont need to get drunk to enjpoy urself at a party like this, otherwise ull become dependant upon that way of doing it, really just be yourself, when your friend introduces u to his friends start talking to them and let it roll, if it all goes tits up the positive is that no1 there knows you so you never have to see them again! So just talk to people and be like ghandi...laid back and groovy
I forgot to add that I went to a party with a buddy of mine who lives across the country the first night I got there. The only one I knew was the buddy I went with, and within no time I was having a good time with everyone there.

Just don't worry about it man, just don't sit in a corner sipping your little beer like a pussy and have some fun!
Quote by SmElLy KiD
That is priceless man, you might be my new idol.

TS, whenever I see your username, I misread it as "isuckhardcocks."

Just had to get that out there.

We're ticking away, the moments that make up the dull days
Bring some hookers to the party. You'll instantly become the King.
Need fashion advice?

Quote by PaperStSoapCo
I wish I had a dick like a black guy instead of my little white dick.

Quote by JoelTheShredder
i love you more than words can express jean.

I saw Rick Astley in Quebec City, on April 10th 2009. Best day of my life!
Go as the wangcaster... inb4 inb4 people

what's more awesome than a drunk pen0r passed out on the front lawn?
^Note: Probably sarcastic
Gear
Schecter Blackjack C1-FR
Few Agile 8-strings
Ormsby Hypemachine 2014 otw!!

Carvin X-100B
axe-fx II

W.A musicians FTW
Quote by crisisinheaven
Deep*Kick. You have destroyed every concept of life I've ever had.
Just talk. Don't be afraid you'll make a fool of yourself or anything. Observe the party, find a group that seems interesting and just open.
" When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."-Jimi Hendrix
Quote by WlCmToTheJungle
I don't know if I want to dress as my original costume either. I thought it was funny but people might take it the wrong way. I am "God's gift to the world". Its a joke, I am dressing up with a box wrapped in christmas wrapping paper with a tag that says "from god".

haha! thats a bomb costume. definatly do that
its funny, and girls like funny guys
Make sure you put the bow on your crotch, and you'll be fine.
Quote by duncang
maybe it's because i secrely agree that tracedin inymballsackistheb best album ever

he's got the fire and the fury,
at his command
well you don't have to worry,
if you hold onto jesus' hand
yeah, i went to a party on tuesday, i knew 3 people there out of 50.
you dont have to talk to every one.
but just get for freind to introduce you to a few people.
also, people will come talk to you.
dont worry about it.
especially if you are dressed up as a penis. im telling you, its not too late to change your costume
Im like that at parties and really bad at keeping the convo going so i just start talking about rabdom stuff like toast and lion king they either walk away or join in or just laugh their ass off but some booze does help a little goes a long way hehe hope this helps
How does it feel to be alive? - James Hetfield
ok you'll be the wild card, and I'll be the brains and the looks.
Cette nuit j'ai rêvé que je mâchais ses yeux
Après avoir crevé par accès de furie
Ta replète panse d'helminthes blancs nourrie,
Trop prompte à déféquer le fruit d'un vit sanieux.
Quote by Alopikal

a plan emerges!

I'm in a similar situation.. i'm going to a party on saturday that i wont no many peeps.. but i think i'm going to get some beer and just talk to new peeps.. i wont see any of them again so i dnt care (Y)
"You're a twat!"- That dude in morrisons

"You Ugly git!" - That girl in the restaurant

"You Were a Mistake!" - Mum

just a few of my fans..