Ok, im a teenager from the Uk, and have been following the election process happening in America. This is the first election I have been following closely and to me all the debates between McCain and Obama seem ridiculous. Firstly, today Bill Clinton spoke on behalf of Obama and the first thing he did was get the crowd going by saying things like "are you ready for this new American president" etc... Really all he was doing was getting all the idiot Americans on his side by rallying emotions for Obama rather than talking about his polocies.
There have also been numerous instances reported of both candidates spreading rumours etc... about each other such as "Obama is close with terrorists", "he called someone a pig wearing make up" etc... and it seems that both sides are trying to win the election by being able to talk down their opponent reather than talking themselves up, possibly because most citizens are more interested in gossip like this than they are in the polocies of these candidates.
If anyone has anything they would like to say or correct me in anywat please feel free.
I also didnt put this in the elections only thread as I feel my statement is more general than what is posted in there.
We'll be washed and buried one day my friend
And the time we were given will be left for the world
The flesh that lived and loved will be eaten by plague
So let the memories be good for those who stay
Welcome to the wonderfully amusing world of American politricks...

By the way there is already a thread for this.
"We must become members of a new race, overcoming petty prejudice, owing our ultimate allegiance not to nations, but to our fellow men within the human community."
- H.I.M Haile Selassie I
Quote by Malakian=God
Ok, im a teenager from the Uk, and have been following the election process happening in America. This is the first election I have been following closely and to me all the debates between McCain and Obama seem ridiculous. Firstly, today Bill Clinton spoke on behalf of Obama and the first thing he did was get the crowd going by saying things like "are you ready for this new American president" etc... Really all he was doing was getting all the idiot Americans on his side by rallying emotions for Obama rather than talking about his polocies.
There have also been numerous instances reported of both candidates spreading rumours etc... about each other such as "Obama is close with terrorists", "he called someone a pig wearing make up" etc... and it seems that both sides are trying to win the election by being able to talk down their opponent reather than talking themselves up, possibly because most citizens are more interested in gossip like this than they are in the polocies of these candidates.
If anyone has anything they would like to say or correct me in anywat please feel free.
I also didnt put this in the elections only thread as I feel my statement is more general than what is posted in there.

Welcome to American politics.
Quote by SmElLy KiD
That is priceless man, you might be my new idol.

TS, whenever I see your username, I misread it as "isuckhardcocks."

Just had to get that out there.

We're ticking away, the moments that make up the dull days
Quote by hardcore311
This is the way it is in America.

This is the way it is pretty much EVERYWHERE, just amplified in America to win over more voters.

Edit: Idread, you're pretty much right, the American political system is set up in such a way that politicians benefit more from trashing other campaigns than building up their own. Although, it is prevalent in more "restricted democratic" elections.
They credited us with the birth of that sort of heavy metal thing. Well, if that's the case, there should be an immediate abortion.

-Ginger Baker
Last edited by BostonLP at Oct 30, 2008,
Quote by BostonLP
This is the way it is pretty much EVERYWHERE, just amplified in America to win over more voters.

I haven't noticed it as much in British politics. Not sure about anywhere else mind you.
"We must become members of a new race, overcoming petty prejudice, owing our ultimate allegiance not to nations, but to our fellow men within the human community."
- H.I.M Haile Selassie I
American election = Show business

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
sadly, they're right ^

most Americans will complain about how they would rather hear less bashing and more actual 'TALK' of the policies....but then again most Americans base their votes off of these 'rumors' and 'lies' that they hear. i don't know who to believe anymore when it comes to that. the typical candidate-sponsored commercial is targeted at the nim-witted US citizen that bases his/her votes off of campaign ads.

it's sad b/c i know my gf is voting for McCain just b/c she doesn't want to make her dad upset, and she's trying to play it off like she's voting for him b/c that's what she's looking for in a president...psshh...whatever. anytime she talks about voting i get pissed and tell her i don't wanna hear any of it, b/c she's no better than any of the voters against Obama b/c he's black or against McCain b/c he's not Democrat.
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
*fellow LEO feel free to give a shout out
Quote by Xiaoxi
American election = Show business

That is a pretty accurate summary.
- H.I.M Haile Selassie I