...convince someone to stop smoking?

My friend has smoked for about 3 years now, and everytime she says she's going to quit, she doesn't. She says smoking keeps her "sane."

How can i convince her to quit?
Quote by Ylasto
R.I.P Ean.

Are there any other members of Lynyrd Skynyrd who are dead?
Show her pictures of people who have suffered greatly from smoking.

I always like to believe that shock images can turn someone around.
Quote by Teh Forest King
A kid took a fetal pig during pig dissection, put a napkin on it as a cape, wrote "super pig" on it, then threw it out the window onto the greenhouse below, yelling "super pig, blast off!". He failed the pig lab
You don't. You can't change someone unless they're willing to change themselves.
Get her addicted to something else to take the place.

Or mind your own F%*#( business and let her do whatever she wants.
You can't, and it's not your right to stop her. If she smokes the only person who can stop her is her.
Quote by bjoern_swe
my mom found me sitting in the kitchen, eating Corn Flakes from the floor. when she asked me what I was doing, I just roared at her and ran up to my room.

George Foreman Grill Appreciation Society
How bout you just leave other's lifestyle choices to them? Sure smoking's bad and you should give her your opinion on the matter but beyond that it's her choice to do what she wants.
rape her brain (preferabely the part that has addictions and shit)

that should do the trick
Buy her some nicorette...
Originally posted by arrrgg
When my grandpa comes over to visit, after his shower, he walks around naked to dry off
put gun powder at the tip of her ciggarettes.

that'll scare the **** out of her.

and she'll probably end up with a few burns, but who gives a shit smoking is bad, right ?

right ?
Cette nuit j'ai rêvé que je mâchais ses yeux
Après avoir crevé par accès de furie
Ta replète panse d'helminthes blancs nourrie,
Trop prompte à déféquer le fruit d'un vit sanieux.
Quote by CDubDSP
You don't. You can't change someone unless they're willing to change themselves.

What he said. She needs will power.
HOWAYA LUV ;D

BUGERA USERS MILITIA
my sister was working at a clinic a few years ago and came upon a smoker that worked with her. she sat down next to him while he was having a smoke and said "they'll kill you one day" he laughed and walked back into the clinic. 2 days later he died
Quote by Lgndkllr777

My friend has smoked for about 3 years now, and everytime she says she's going to quit, she doesn't. She says smoking keeps her "sane."

Sell her fags. Slowly, sell her ones that contain less nicotine. She wouldn't get the headrush anymore so she wouldn't be able to tell as much.
Quote by CDubDSP

This.

You can't make her stop smoking. She needs to want to stop herself and she needs to want to do it for her, not for you.
However, if she has fallen madly in love with you or something, THAT you can play on.
In reality though, she has to want it. If she doesn't want it, she won't stop.
I hope it doesn't seem, like I'm young, foolish, and green.
Let me in for a minute, you're not my life but I want you in it

O Dayya, te echaré de menos, siempre

Y siempre
Y para siempre
Quote by lazy town
my sister was working at a clinic a few years ago and came upon a smoker that worked with her. she sat down next to him while he was having a smoke and said "they'll kill you one day" he laughed and walked back into the clinic. 2 days later he died

...I love irony.
Smoking cigarettes, or weed? Apparently nicotine gum doesn't work very well, my dad's tried it several times. He said that chewing the nicotine just doesn't feel as good as inhaling it.
Quote by Tire Me.
Raping her in front of other people would be morally wrong.

Quote by Bubbles516
wtf290 uses make bubbles feel like crap
Its super effective!
i used to wonder this too, how to get people to quit. now i smoke...and i know now that's pretty useless.

if she wants to stop though, you could try adverse conditioning. have her get the cheapest cigs, real nasty ones she doesn't like. every time she has the urge to smoke she'll only get half way through it before having to put it out cause it sucks. eventually she'll stop wanting to smoke
Accepting no constraints from without, we countenanced none within ourselves, either, and found that the world opened before us like the petals of a rose. ~ CrimethInc.
everytime she lights up a sigarette ..
go like *sigh* another sigarette ? *leaves room*

she'll stop much faster than you could ever think of

--------------------
-------------------
------------------
-----------------
----------------
---------------

shoot her in the face

or give her some I-doser Quit, 2 times a day
Quote by vulcan422
i wish i could see Children Of Bodom agen
Quote by red157
Granted. But you have to endure support by the Miley Cyrus, Jonas Brothers and a steaming turd.

1. Death
2. Children Of Bodom
3. Metallica
4. Megadeth
5. Pantera
6. Cannibal Corpse
Quote by Lgndkllr777
How do I...

you can't.
she'll have to want that on her own.
you CAN be supportive, when she does try.
but you won't convince her to quit.
you'll only damage a friendship, if you push too hard.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
3-4 little procedures plus one dangerous heart surgery convinced my dad to quit. Hasn't had a health problem since.

But the choice is hers to make. All you can do is warn her about how smoking could affect her. But ultimately, it's her decision.
tumblr twitter instagram
Quote by Rossenrot
Aig91 Atomizes Rossenrot Before Offering Mercy In Exchange For Wholesale Genuflection
Tell her she will get hairy tongue (This isn't a shock image)

No one said it had to be true.
ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ

Quote by Xp3ns1v3
I thought it was illegal for women to use the internet.
Do you really want her to go insane?
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman
Sigs are wastes of my precious screen space.

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
Quote by Lgndkllr777

more than half of my friends smoke, and I have tried to convince them all to quit, it always ends in failure.
VERY METAL!
\m/
RIP Ronnie James Dio

Quote by metaldud536
RazorTheAwesome, if I was a Ditto, I'd transform into YOU

Quote by Kensai
Basically god wanted to punish people for getting educated/eating apples.

Quote by Jackal58
We all desire a little pussy.
Refuse to eat until she stops. If she really cares about you she'll stop. Starvation rebellion!!!!! Just like ghandi.
"I Like Cheese"