My first guitar is a Fender Squire, and i never had a string break.

I recently got a Ibanez RG2EX1, and ive been breaking strings like ****.

Ive been replacing them with my Squire replacements, but i have a feeling i should get better strings.

Whats good for my guitar?
Any strings? All strings work for all guitars.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Quote by Kevin Saale
Any strings? All strings work for all guitars.

i realize that, but i want to know whats good for that guitar specfically.
Any of them, no strings are made specifically for one type of guitar. And strings don't really work better for one type of guitar than another. The choice of strings all comes down to personal preference. If you're breaking strings, its either because of a. cheap strings, b. a problem with the guitar, c. too light of a gauge for your pick attack.
I have the same guitar, I use mostly Ernie Ball Slinkys. Size .11s, sometimes .10s.
All your base are belong to us.
Well, the strings break at the bridge, and get untwisted, i wish i could be more specific
Different one or the same ones every time? I'd say get a decent set of strings, not squire, and see if you have better luck. check to see if you have any burrs on the bridge as well.
can't go wrong with d'addario xl's. everyone's tried them at least once.

if you're new to guitar, then get ready to spending hundreds of dollars over the years on different strings. and you'll also get better at restringing your guitar.
Gibson SG Standard + 18volt EMG-81 & 85
Mesa/Boogie Mark IV + Recto 2x12
Keeley Modded BD-2
Vox V847a
Quote by one vision
Bureaucrats gonna crat.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by Kevin Saale
check to see if you have any burrs on the bridge as well.

That was what I was thinking as well, there may potentially be burrs on your bridge which are cutting into your strings. That would explain why the strings are breaking at the bridge.

As to how to resolve it... I think there are quite a few threads around which touch on this topic.
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
I got the 12-56 Ernie Ball stirngs and they are unbreakable. I have it set in Standard D and can (and i have) tune down to standard A# (cannibal corpse, nile, brutal sh*t) and tune all the way up to standard Eb (slayer, deicide,etc.) in one day! and i've never broken a string. they are great for the metal player, or in your case, someone whose strings are breaking like a bitch. (you dont have to get the 12-56. you can get thinner strings if you arent into the brutal metal..)