Can anyone list some careers dealing with music other than actually being in a band and touring? I love to write music in Guitar Pro, but I can't necessarily play anything other than bass and guitar. I was wondering if there is anything I can actually do with that other than forming a band because that isn't going so well.
Quote by aluminum.maiden
you are a BEAST Crovox
Quote by UndeadPaperclip
I think I've gained so many gay points reading the past 3 pages of this thread that if I gave another man a blowjob I'd actually lose some.
Member #23 of the official Alkaline Trio Fan Club. PM greenfinger182 to join.
Music production, mixing, composing, being a studio musician.
Jackson Kelly KE3 w/P-Rails; Aria Pro II TSB-350
• ZVex Fuzz Factory; DigiTech Whammy; Danelectro Fish & Chips; Marshall ED1; Fulltone OCD; DigiTech Whammy; Marshall JMP1; Boss CE3; Vox AC4TV

EMU 0404; Reason/Record; M-Audio AV40
There's a slew of different things you can do relating to music:

Music synthesis
Music therapy
Music Production and Engineering
Music composition
Muisc education
Music business (a huge branch of possibilities)
Music journalism

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by jaffawoman
Music production, mixing, composing, being a studio musician.

This. You looking a universities or something?
Sound techy, post-production, sound engineering, A&R, marketing, promoter... There are loads of different jobs. Places for them are competitive though.
NOPE.
make the music in the back of generic commercials

or the radio commercials
My Guitars:
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Epiphone AJ
Ibanez Strat Copy

Amps:
Orange Tiny Terror Head
Old beaten up Peavey cab
Marshall MG30DFX
Quote by Old Lady
A butler for Megadeth.

haha i can just picture it.

a record producer for axl rose.
There are some random majors in music. My friend's dad has a degree in film scoring.
last.fm[/url}
Quote by n to the k
own a recording studio/music shop

thats what i wanna do

+1! I reckon both combined would be killer!
Quote by Spoony_Bard
Dude I got these strings the other day that couldn't be tuned to higher than 4 octaves below middle C then I realized that they were shoelaces and they weren't making any sound at all.
Well I mostly enjoy composing music, and I'm not so educated in recording yet. I'd really like to be able to write original pieces that aren't just elevator music or jungles for commercials. I was wondering if it's possible to actually make something of my music rather than work in a studio and such. If that makes sense.
Quote by aluminum.maiden
you are a BEAST Crovox
Quote by UndeadPaperclip
I think I've gained so many gay points reading the past 3 pages of this thread that if I gave another man a blowjob I'd actually lose some.
Member #23 of the official Alkaline Trio Fan Club. PM greenfinger182 to join.
Quote by Crovox
Well I mostly enjoy composing music, and I'm not so educated in recording yet. I'd really like to be able to write original pieces that aren't just elevator music or jingles for commercials. I was wondering if it's possible to actually make something of my music rather than work in a studio and such. If that makes sense.

Why not Jingles? Jingle writers live awsome lives!
Quote by Spoony_Bard
Dude I got these strings the other day that couldn't be tuned to higher than 4 octaves below middle C then I realized that they were shoelaces and they weren't making any sound at all.