Ok iv Been playing guitar for almost 2 years, now I only started to begin to learn theory, and all i really know are my open chords, and the notes on a fretboard. can anyone guide me in the right direction. is there a good site that has steps for improving as a guitarist, I want to join a band, or start one. what should I learn to improve, and whats a good site that provides easy to understand info on what ever I should to move on.
You should next learn modes and different 'scales'.

Can you for example play in the key of c?
Then modulate to the key of e?

There are a few tutorials on here that are worth looking it.....
What songs do you know?

i've been playing for 3 years but i dont know much theory tbh.
Quote by amicone18
Ok iv Been playing guitar for almost 2 years, now I only started to begin to learn theory, and all i really know are my open chords, and the notes on a fretboard. can anyone guide me in the right direction. is there a good site that has steps for improving as a guitarist, I want to join a band, or start one. what should I learn to improve, and whats a good site that provides easy to understand info on what ever I should to move on.

Read Josh Urban's Crusade articles in the Colums section.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Keep up on the Theory stuff for sure. There's a great book that will help you develop your technique "Speed Mechanics for Lead Guitar" by Troy Stetina.
Also, jam,jam,jam with as many people as you can.

good luck
http://justinguitar.com/index.php

He doesn't get real in-depth, but if you are new to theory you will definitely find something useful there. Best free lessons online.

Welcome to the world of guitar. Until now you've only been playing songs, not guitar. Once you get into theory your playing ability will increase exponentially. The majority of "guitar players" you meet only play songs, they have no clue what they are actually doing, this includes half of the teachers you will meet.

A little theory goes a long way...lots of theory will make you stand out.