I have a Peavey classic 50 tube amp and when I was playing a few days ago, it just started a horrid buzz noise. I couldn't turn it down or influence it at all even when i played. I play and it doesn't make any noise, just the buzz. I'm new to tube amps, so is this a tube problem or something else? All I could do was turn it off and back on and it eventually stopped.

Any help is greatly appreciated
Member #38 of Alter Bridge Rocks Club PM Logz to join
I had a peavey classic 30 and it is the tubes. Mine did exactly that. The buzzing gets louder and louder and louder, then I'll hit it and it'll stop or turn it off. I got the tubes changed and it works perfectly now.
Its the tubes. tube amps are cool but u have to replace the tubes evry 6 months or so to keep optimum sound
f@#* off!
Quote by lostsoul_1981
Its the tubes. tube amps are cool but u have to replace the tubes evry 6 months or so to keep optimum sound

Err, wrong. Power tubes are good for a couple years depending on how often and how loud you play. Preamp tubes can go 3-5 years. There is always the possibility that a tube can die for no reason so keeping backups on hand is a great idea.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not