Just want to know your thoughts and opinions about Floyd Rose tremelo systems. I'm getting a new guitar and i would like to know the good and bad things about them and whether i shoudl get one. I play metal...
Thanks
theres a floyd rose thread
Quote by monkeysintheday
I have trained a live tarantula to calm and sit on my guitar due to the awesome powers of my rocking. When I am not playing it angrily bounces about my room hitting everything that isn't me.

Quote by stef123

rageagainst64 you are a legend!
Pros: Stable tuning, crazy whammy tricks 'n stuff
Cons: Harder to change strings, needs upkeep, must be set up correctly, hard to change tunings often, cheap ones can wear out fast, apparently less sustain but idk about that.

If you have patience and don't go from like drop c to e standard to c standard in the course of like 1 hour's playing, then it should be fine.
Unsure at the moment, Somethign sharp!! A Dean or a Jackson maybe. I have up to £650 ($1100)
I'm a metal head, so i play metal. My current gear is poor, Epiphone strat (from 1986), Marshall 30 watt Parks combo and a line 6 pocket pod.
Thrash, heavy, Death.....Metallica, Iron Maiden, Pantera, Black Sabbath, Trivium etc.
Woah! Thats a sweet Ibanez, I will look into that one for sure. I see you have a Dean, would you recommend one?
well, it's the crappy dean, but i do have some experience with the other ones:

-my opinions on Dime sig deans are as fallows: overpriced in that you will pay $1000 (note US currency) and still get a licensed floyd, and get some half-ass Seymour Duncan Dimbucker.

-The Dean Cadillac i really liked when i played it, and loved the neck. Just had a good feel to it. I was thinking about getting the Cadillac, then i fell in love with my Schecter
Yer! The Licensed Floyd really cheesed me off a bit, I mean, paying £600 ( note GBP ) for a guitar with a LFR....whats goin on there? Schecter seem cool but i have no way of playing them at all! Nobody local stocks them. What are your opinions on them?
just be careful you don't get one of the crappy licensed floyds... not all licensed floyds are bad (gotoh, schaller and some of the ibanez ones are badass), but a lot (especially on cheaper guitars) are.

what's your amp too? that'll affect your ability to play metal as well...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
just be careful you don't get one of the crappy licensed floyds... not all licensed floyds are bad (gotoh, schaller and some of the ibanez ones are badass), but a lot (especially on cheaper guitars) are.

what's your amp too? that'll affect your ability to play metal as well...

My amp is a Marshall 30 watt, Distortion is terrible but my line 6 Pod id cool for getting metal tones.
If you're getting ibanez

lookout

The trems that are good are IIRC

ZR
ZR II
Edge Pro
Edge Zero
Vintage V-100, EMG 81&60
Chapman ML-1

Jet City JCA20H
Ibanez S.
GREAT trem.
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
personally i don't like FR trems, i used to have an Ibanez with a FR and it was terrable, i could never get it in tune, it took me ages to change a string, and if you do something wrong to it or not keep it in tiptop condition it'll ****ing rip your head off.

The only good thing is that you can get some insane noises from one, but in my eyes it's just not worth it
Equipment

Jackson Dinky DKMGT
Randall RG50TC