I'm 15 and get my permit at 16, 9 months from today, and I am wondering if there are any things about the beetle I should know about.
Are you a guy?
E-married to ilikepirates

Quote by bloodtrocuted93

How are you so fucking awesome at music?

>¦<
¦
Quote by Spoony_Bard
Are you a guy?

Ja I know what you are going to say, I wear pink laces so I don't think that will be an issue.
Watch out for insecticide.
It all makes sense
We're capable of beauty
Through sounds that make on cringe
The dogs only hear us now

Yoko Ono did.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
actually........they have some of the highest crash test ratings in the compact class.

so you're wrong
I would love to ride around with Rammstein blasting, meh I just like the look of the new beetle. And I'll take it no one has anything to say?
Quote by stilt37
actually........they have some of the highest crash test ratings in the compact class.

so you're wrong

like I said before, old beetle or new beetle, the old ones are really dangerous to have a wreck in. The new ones just make you look like a tool.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Quote by Kid_Thorazine
like I said before, old beetle or new beetle, the old ones are really dangerous to have a wreck in. The new ones just make you look like a tool.

care to elaborate on the tool statement? And where in ky do you live?
Dudes driving beetles are funny. I know you probably don't have a choice, but...just prepare to be ridiculed for it, especially if it's yellow.
E-married to ilikepirates

Quote by bloodtrocuted93

How are you so fucking awesome at music?

>¦<
¦
Quote by guitarplayer769
care to elaborate on the tool statement? And where in ky do you live?

I live in Louisville, and the new Beetles are like the quintessential yuppie toolmobile.

Last.fm
Quote by Spoony_Bard
Dudes driving beetles are funny. I know you probably don't have a choice, but...just prepare to be ridiculed for it, especially if it's yellow.

I'm going for llime green.
Get something manly like a Mustang

..I'm just saying that because I drive one..not manly though..
Her friends are gazing on her,
And on her gaudy bier,
And weep!-oh! to dishonor
Dead beauty with a tear!
They loved her for her wealth-
And they hated her for her pride-
But she grew in feeble health,
And they love her-that she died.
Quote by guitarplayer769
I'm going for llime green.

honestly, that's even worse, I think black is the only color you'll be able to pull off without looking like an asshole.

Last.fm
Quote by Kid_Thorazine
honestly, that's even worse, I think black is the only color you'll be able to pull off without looking like an asshole.

Problem is black is ****ing hot in the summer, and the summers are hot here.
Quote by guitarplayer769
Problem is black is ****ing hot in the summer, and the summers are hot here.

honestly, if you have decent AC it really doesn't matter that much.

Last.fm
Quote by Kid_Thorazine
honestly, if you have decent AC it really doesn't matter that much.

Well you enjoy the "pain" of heat but I enjoy comfort, meh to each his own.
Quote by guitarplayer769
Well you enjoy the "pain" of heat but I enjoy comfort, meh to each his own.

no seriously, with a car that small it cools off pretty quickly with the AC, I used to drive a black Toyota Avalon and never had a problem keeping it at a steady 70 degrees in the summer.

Last.fm
Quote by Kid_Thorazine
no seriously, with a car that small it cools off pretty quickly with the AC, I used to drive a black Toyota Avalon and never had a problem keeping it at a steady 70 degrees in the summer.

Oh well I will go with the green any way. The purpose of this thread was to find more mechanical than image problems with the car, as I said before to each his own. Not really pertaining to the thread but have you ever been to Paduchah?
Why do you want a beetle again?
Quote by Sloopy
I'm not in a wheelchair, but I own one just for fun.
Quote by guitarplayer769
Why?

First of all, it's a stick shift and I don't feel like driving one. Also, I hate driving in anything so low to the ground.
Quote by Kid_Thorazine
are we talking old beetle or new beetle?

srsly.

Old Beetles kick ass.
either you are very tiny or you somehow have access to a giant beetle, i expect they would e very hard to control. you will probably have to get a new one often as beetles are very short lived. try to get one that can't fly, that could be problamatic. watch out for giants with massive fly swatters
Quote by Deliriumbassist
marmite, vegemite, termite...

anything that ends with -mite is the work of Satan's retarded cousin Vinnie.