Hey

Me and my friend are going to atlanta this week, and were going to a guitar center up there. This may seem like a total newbish question, but Ive never been to a Guitar Center. Do they let u go in and play whatever your lookin at? Or do u have to say your gonna buy it first? Thanks! lol
My Gear
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
EHX Metal Muff
Peavey Valvking 112
Boss ME-50
Holy Grail Reverb
you don't have to buy it..

you go in, pull a guitar off the wall, find any amp in the store and jam away..

when you're done, put it back where you found it and turn the amp off...
My Guitars:
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Epiphone AJ
Ibanez Strat Copy

Amps:
Orange Tiny Terror Head
Old beaten up Peavey cab
Marshall MG30DFX
Alright thanks a lot man
My Gear
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
EHX Metal Muff
Peavey Valvking 112
Boss ME-50
Holy Grail Reverb
I've been to 3 or 4 Guitar Center locations and they are all pretty cool from my experience. Like the previous poster said you just sort of pick something up and mess with it for as long as you want then put it back when you're done.
Andy Fox
Hard rock guitarist
I play a Jackson DK-2 and an Ibanez RG through a Peavey 6505+ stack
would the same go for sam ash? should you speak to a salesmen first though? seems like the polite thing to do...
I wish the UK had guitar centers
Quote by XGhacker
1) OMG THE LEAD SINGER OF IRON MAIDEN RAPES HIS SON!!!
Bruce Dick-in-son
if your gonna buy, than don't ask a salesman unless you NEED to, Or if you need a pick, because the guys at places will say nothing but "yes". I often find it good if a salesman says no to you, it means there not just worried about their paycheck. sometimes i go in there to just jam away. Im pretty suprised there arent any in the UK, there quite a large company.
Quote by kyates33
would the same go for sam ash? should you speak to a salesmen first though? seems like the polite thing to do...

At guitar center you don't have to and shouldn't really speak with a sales associate if you know what guitars you want to try.

At Sam Ash they'll probably be less people and at least at the one near me, the associates come over and talk to you.

That's why I prefer guitar center...you can just pick up any guitar yourself and jam away.
I'm not a Bible-thumper anymore. Realized I had a brain in '09.

I like guitars, running, and math.
I go to the guitar center and play around all of the time. All of the guys that work there recognize me and I can tell by their faces that they're just thinking "Damn it, it's the kid that's allways here and never buys anything."
Rig
Fender 09 Standard Strat>Wilson Ten Spot II Wah>Boss DS-2 Turbo Distortion>EHX Big Muff Pi>Boss CE-2 Chorus>Crate V32 Palomino 212
Fender Deluxe Active Jazz Bass>(Same Pedals)>AcousticB20

Quote by WtrPlyr
I'm with DeltaFunk
I like going to guitar center...I usually never buy anything I bought a wah wah pedal once and they keep sending me magazines for sales, but I go to a local music shop for everything else including guitars.
Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Peavey Vypyr 75w
Yamaha FG730S
Peavey Predator
1961 Acoustic Kay
Classical Rhapsody
Zakk Wylde Crybaby Wah Pedal
Boss SD-1
Bring with you a pick (unless you finger pick) and a tuner unless you can tune by ear and possibly a strap and Cord for the amp sometimes I find they are in limited supply.
My Gear

Schecter Gryphon with Seymour Duncan JB Bridge and Jazz Neck PU's
Fender Superchamp XD Amp
Bad Monkey Pedal