For a bedroom amp? From what ive heard, there both good, but im also not a good fan of modeling amps. Im kinda into making my own tone. But like i said, this for Bedroom practice.

Thanks Guys
Two entirely different beasts. The vypyr is gonna be able to do anything ok, the royal eight can probably do up to classic rock at it's heaviest and kick the vypyrs but for low gain sounds and crunch. Really depends on what styles you're playing, and do you need built in effects.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
+1
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by SMB13
For a bedroom amp? From what ive heard, there both good, but im also not a good fan of modeling amps. Im kinda into making my own tone. But like i said, this for Bedroom practice.

Thanks Guys

The Vypyr has so many options for adjusting it should be easier to make your own tone. 12 amp models with 2 channels for each and alot of effects.
I usually play all sorts of metal under the sun, so i need something with some good Gain and alot of "Umphh" for those Palm Mutes
Then Vypyr, you will NOT get a good metal sound out of a 5 watt tube amp.
Gibson SG Standard
Gibson Les Paul Traditional
Cort Explorer
Squire Standard Strat rebuilt with Fender USA parts
Squire Tele
Krank 1980
Orange Tiny Terror
Traynor YCV 50 Blue
Peavey Vypyr 75

Will fly for food. Call me Dylan
Quote by classicrocker01
Then Vypyr, you will NOT get a good metal sound out of a 5 watt tube amp.

I agree. The Vypyr can do Metal really good. The 6506, XXX, JSX, Rec, K-Stein and Dzl models all have great (but different from each other) distortions. Plus it has a built in Tubescreamer and XR Wild (MXR Wylde) overdrive to push it further into metal territory. You should be able to find what you're looking for with it. Try it and see what you think.
i haven't tried the vypyr yet, try the cube 30 as well, it has good metal tone. I agree that a valeking royal 8 won't get anywhere near metal on its own, and probably won't be tight enough for metal even with a couple of good pedals supplying more dirt.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I had a peavey royal 8, I took it back 2 days later. It sounds too boxy and weak. Get the Vyper