I know i already have a thread going about my prs but honestly this is a completely different topic/problem, so please help me out.

I have so far switched out my two e strings, but i cannot for the love of me get the a or the b string out of the body. I haven't tried d or g but god this is annoying. I have absolutely no clue as to why the ball end of the string won't come out. (Btw if you didn't know, my prs is like a fender in that the strings go through the back of the guitar.)

thanks in advance. I really need advice cause its late and i need the strings to be stretched out by tomorrow.
My gear:
PRS SE custom
~!~--Peavey XXX super 40 EFX --~!~
Peavey VK 112

===WGS Vet30
===JJ power tubes

---Pedals:
-ISP Decimator
-Digitech Bad Monkey
-Crybaby wah
-Korg Pitchblack
-Danelectro FnC EQ
You push the string down from the top of the guitar. They slide down until they come off.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
You push the string down from the top of the guitar. They slide down until they come off.

i wouldn't be sitting here asking this question if the strings would just "slide down until they come off"... they are stuck in there so either i'm missing something or i need to mcgyver that shit
My gear:
PRS SE custom
Peavey VK 112

===WGS Vet30
===JJ power tubes

---Pedals:
-ISP Decimator
-Digitech Bad Monkey
-Crybaby wah
-Korg Pitchblack
-Danelectro FnC EQ
If it won't come out, get something strong and thin like a jeweller's screwdriver and poke it in the top side of the hole
ohai little sig.
Last edited by Demonikk at Oct 30, 2008,
*must not make pit reference at High Potency's remark*

If that doesnt work, try going from the back of the guitar with a screwdrive and push it in a bit. The winding might be stuck on something.
Gear:
Agile Ash RB 828
Schecter C-7 (old 90s style headstock)
Handbuilt 6-string V
Handbuilt Baritone scale 6 string Iceman-copy
Pod HD300
Quote by HighPotency
Take something long and thin and stick it down the hole and poke out the ball end.

like what? (no penis jokes please)

i've tried using higher gauge strings to poke out hte lower strings but i cant seem to figure out whats going on under there. I got lucky i guess with the a string cause i got it out but the b is still stuck and now the g is... i haven't touched the d yet. The e's and the a are switched now and doing fine, but the b and the g are ****ed up and i'm guessing the d will be too. Wat da fux i'm sad

and why doesn't this happen with anyone else?
My gear:
PRS SE custom
Peavey VK 112

===WGS Vet30
===JJ power tubes

---Pedals:
-ISP Decimator
-Digitech Bad Monkey
-Crybaby wah
-Korg Pitchblack
-Danelectro FnC EQ
Quote by Jango22
*must not make pit reference at High Potency's remark*

If that doesnt work, try going from the back of the guitar with a screwdrive and push it in a bit. The winding might be stuck on something.

don't know what the winding is but i doubt it because half the strings work and half of them don't. its weird...
My gear:
PRS SE custom
Peavey VK 112

===WGS Vet30
===JJ power tubes

---Pedals:
-ISP Decimator
-Digitech Bad Monkey
-Crybaby wah
-Korg Pitchblack
-Danelectro FnC EQ
The ball ends are usually put on there by bending the string at the end, placing the ball at the bend, and then the excess wrapped around the string. And there's usually a bit of string hanging of the end where its snipped, so that may be caught on sometime.
And dont be afraid to get violent. Its made of wood, you wont damage it too severely unless you do something stupid.
Gear:
Agile Ash RB 828
Schecter C-7 (old 90s style headstock)
Handbuilt 6-string V
Handbuilt Baritone scale 6 string Iceman-copy
Pod HD300
I used to have this happen on my old strat copy. All i ever had to do to get them loose was stick something into the back and give the ball a little wiggle.