I'm in somewhat of a moral dilemma, although I already pretty much made up my mind, I just want some other people's thoughts.

I have a friend currently living with me who has pretty much overstayed his welcome. Here is the deal I made with him. He said that if I let him move in (he is moving in from a different city) that he would get a job. He said that he would even hand in an app at McDonalds. I told him that he had a month to get a job. He also said that he would get enough money from relatives to pay for his food, and that once he got the job he would pay me rent under the counter.

Well, in the first few days since he moved in he handed in two, maybe three applications. He told me that he was offered a job as an assistant manager at a local pizza store that is going to open up. Well, now its a month and a half later. The pizza place hasn't opened up yet, and doesn't look to me like it will for another month at least. He hasn't made any other attempt at getting a job. He spent most of the money that he get's from relatives either on beer or cigarettes, and clothes. He eats my food, drinks my drinks, wears my clothes, and bums cigarettes. He spends most of the time he not hanging out with people either sleeping in till evening or chatting on AIM on my computer when I'm not using it. He has made no effort that I know of to get a different job.

Now the only reason that I have let him stay this long is that a couple of months ago his father died, and he really has nowhere else to go. He is a really good friend of mine, and I don't want to kick him out. He has staying with his uncle, but I found out that due to the way that he left, his uncle won't let him move back in. I'm pretty sure that there is another friend that I can pawn him off on though.

I'm going up to visit my parents this weekend, I decided that when I get back, I'm going to tell him he has two weeks to find somewhere else to leave. I guess the main reason I'm posting this is to ease my conscience about kicking him on the street and to ask for advise on how to tell him.
K.
To me:
Quote by crazy8rgood

In fact, I almost ALWAYS agree with YourDad.

Quote by itchy guitar
One of the best replies ever.

In the same thread

Do you love Arsis?
Don't kick him out, give him a final two weeks to find a new job, then give him an additional two weeks to find a new place to live (assuming he can't find a job). He'll probably wise up, and by the end of the month you said that pizza place might be open.

If he has other friends he can drift from place to place.
I've decided that my signature is terrible. I'm open to suggestions.

Click me, or I'll die.

# Un-nominated in UG Top 100,
Quote by vash_08
you should stop smoking

I've been cutting back, I down to one cigarette a day from a pack a day. I also go a couple days without buying a pack when I'm out.
man sit down with him and talk
Gear:
Morpheus Droptune
Ibanez Weeping Demon
Bugera 333xl 212
SCHECTER JEFF LOOMIS C7 FR
well. i say you give him 3 days to get a job like right away. if not. then he's out. no matter what.
"I Like Cheese"
Quote by Bushinarin
Don't kick him out, give him a final two weeks to find a new job, then give him an additional two weeks to find a new place to live (assuming he can't find a job). He'll probably wise up, and by the end of the month you said that pizza place might be open.

If he has other friends he can drift from place to place.

I want to kick him out because he did not keep up his end of the bargain and he knew that if he didn't do that he would loose the place to stay. I also don't want to spend my money on him either.
Quote by lockedandlogan
Give him all your cigarettes. He'll get cancer and the problem will solve itself.

yeah but when man!!!!

WHEN!!!!!
Woh man, you're kicking me out? After all we've been through? And you're telling it UG before talking to me? That's cold. Real cold.

Just kidding. :-) I'm not your friend.
I mean, not that I don't wanna be your friend, but I'm not the room mate that you want to move out.

I was thinking, maybe you can put him to sleep and sell his body organs. That should make up for all the cigarettes, right? :-)
Send him out on an errand, perhaps a 'beer run' or something to that effect, and while he's gone change the locks, then call the police if he tries to force his way in.
Is it a bad thing if one of your testicles is larger then the other two?
Quote by vash_08
you should stop smoking

Completely irrelevant to the thread.

Tell him to get off his ass or get out.
Quote by Yakult
If I get a boner I generally pass out due to the massive amount of blood having to be redirected from my brain

Quote by DubStar92
I like to video record myself when I'm drunk. It's like a mini-movie. I love fapping to the sex scene.
Kill him and harvest his organs for money on the black market......I know a guy who knows a guy.
Due what you want as long as you vote Due!
tell him he owes you everything for the time he overstayed (ie: clothes, cigs, food, and rent). if he disagrees, kick him out.
if he gets a job and still doesnt pay, kick him out.
if hes a friend he should know better.
Quote by Immortal_Guitar
ExiledSoul, you have just won the Best UG Liar award. Thanks for participating with your incredible dumbassery and lies.

Quote by gsr2k6
I have a turd with a carrot stuck in it. Its the GREATEST pet ever, makes quite the mess though.