I was thinking about a distortion pedal that was like a wah/volume but went from clean (up) and evenly pushed up the distortion level to nasty (down) and kept the same or have preset volumes for both. It would probably need 2 channels but does it exist?
That's sort of a freaking sweet idea.
Fender '72 Telecaster Deluxe Reissue -> Korg Pitchblack Tuner -> Boss PS-5 -> EHX Big Muff -> MXR EVH Phase 90 -> Menatone Pleasure Trem 5000 -> Line 6 Verbzilla -> MXR Carbon Copy -> Boss RC-2 -> Peavey Classic 50
I wish I had one...if its not out there someone should build one!
most multi pedals already have that, its called a gain pedal on mine so yeah it already exists and its a great idea
member of the "proud owner of an Ibanez club" PM goldbuddist to join!

Deluxe Players Fender Stratocaster
Ibanez RG320FM
Standard Stratocaster
Fender FM212R
Digitech RP400
If I had 2 separate channel inputs (or 2 heads) it would be a pretty simple pedal to build. I have another little practice amp and an old wah, I may try it out. Just have 1 input, 2 output and a balance pot. I am sure someone must make one of these?
Quote by Stratmaster69
most multi pedals already have that, its called a gain pedal on mine so yeah it already exists and its a great idea

Cool thanks, I have never seen one!
I'm a firm believer in the good old fashioned volume knob.

This Guy is Stupid.
Technology is nice but its not always needed. Sometimes a simple solution will get the job done just as well with out one more piece of electronics to fail.

The again just using your volume knob would be the simplest solution.

EDIT : Messages seem to be disappearing there was a post above this that made this make sense
Last edited by Demigawd at Oct 31, 2008,
Demigawd nailed it. You could get a multi-effects unit, but distortion is the last thing you should be buying a multi-effects unit for. There's also the Z. Vex Fuzz Probe, but that's expensive. Stick with demigawd's idea, and just use it on your favorite regular distortion pedal.
Can U say volumeknob technique ala Satch, Vai and Van halen.

The "Re-incarnation of Plato" Award 2009
(most intelligent)
The "Good Samaritan" Award 2009 (most helpful)

[font="Palatino Linotype
Who's Andy Timmons??
You could build it in a wah housing using the wah pot as the gain control. Or build a pedal with 2 channels. I have a distortion like that I built. 1 side is a really heavy distortion the other side has less distortion but I added a switch that can add 2 different sets of clipping diodes or none depending on what I want. But I also use my guitars volume alot along with it.