I'm leaving in about 10 minutes to give one of my students his 3rd lesson.

Thats 3 hours I've spent with him.

He hasnt had a guitar to practice with, but last week today i left him one of mine.

He has made close to no progress.

He can pick alright for a 10 year old, but he just half asses all his fingering.

He gets a ton of buzz whenever he hits a not from not pressing it down all the way and when I correct him he just blows me off or does it for a couple minutes then goes back to his usual crappy ways and I don't know what to do.

I could fix it, but his mom is always within earshot and i don't wanna be very harsh or blunt that he needs to get going with this.

What should I do?

He is also always complaining about his fingers hurting and constantly taking breaks.
He is very undisciplined.

Any tips, I only have about 10 minutes then I'll close the thread.
I'd say tell the kid what'll happen if he doesn't learn it right. That'll it'll only result in him losing any chance of being really good at the guitar. And if he wants to play like Slash, or Angus Young or jimmy page [if he knows who they are] then he will do this. That or tell his mommy on him, tell him to make him practice a little more.
If you have a student that lacks the passion and want to learn...hes going to be a shit player forever. Nothing you can do for him.

Then again I have really tiny hands for a guy and I play 2 finger power chords and it took me a while to build up the finger strength to play right. Maybe his fingers really do hurt and you know what to do then..."Oh, well, now your back's gonna hurt, 'cause you just pulled landscaping duty. Anybody else's fingers hurt?... I didn't think so."
Weapons I'm going to use in the zombie apocalypse:
1) Crossbow
2) Shuriken
3) A plexi-glass B.C. Rich Dagger
4) A bag of Jack Links Jerky