Hey guys. I'm 13 years old and a metal singer. I came here to ask a few questions. My best area would be Inward Screaming. Is it good or bad for me to start screaming at such a young age? I can scream while breathing in almost perfectly, in so many different ways and sounds without any pain whatsoever. A natural born talent, I guess (I've been screaming since I was 7). I do not have any difficulties screaming. I practice five hours a day and can hold one scream for 47 seconds. My voice is yet to drop fully, yet I can growl deeply (Even though I am better at highs). Any tips? I can get a video up of me screaming if you wish.
we need to see the vid
www.myspace.com/killcrotty

HOLY SHIT MASSIVE SIG!

Quote by FruscianteFan77
youre sig is WAY too big

Quote by TheMidasTouch
Tone your damn sig down son.
Growling is very dangerous if your vocal chords aren't fully developed. You should be able to do thrashy yelling though.
Quote by Myung-trucci
Growling is very dangerous if your vocal chords aren't fully developed. You should be able to do thrashy yelling though.

growling is dangerous to do at all if you don't do it right. if you're saying that you can scream and growl without any pain whatsoever at all nonstop for 5 hours without going horse then go for it. but when i say without pain i mean absolutely zero pain, none whatsoever. when i scream and growl it actually tickles my throat a little but theres never any pain.
I'm not a singer (and believe me, if you heard me try, you would realize that the world is a better place because of this!), but my wife is. We got "The Zen of Screaming" DVD, she liked it, and it might be an idea to check it out. A ton of stuff there about breath management and such.
Chuck Schuldiner scream?
Robert Halford scream?
Ablaze My Sorrow scream?
King Diamond scream?

can't think of much more, but you have to give us where to go from :P

and btw, for growling, I have found that you can give "out" more of a growl when drinking cold beer ^^