i'm trying to show my cousin how to play raining blood the way i learned it and have always played it. when i showed him the really fast section after the galloping frenzy, he saw what notes to play and rather than picking each note as i assume most do, he used tapping. i tried it and i gotta say, it works out really well. does anybody else play it like that? i've been playing it for at least a year and a half and never thought to use a tapping technique in that section.
yeah, i chicken-picked Eruption all way through until last year, what do you know?

oh and most Slayer songs can be played by putting a vibrating toothbrush on the E string and palm muting
well tapping is smooth and slayer is mostly about heavy picking.

The "Re-incarnation of Plato" Award 2009
(most intelligent)
The "Good Samaritan" Award 2009 (most helpful)

[font="Palatino Linotype
Who's Andy Timmons??
Quote by xxdarrenxx
well tapping is smooth and slayer is mostly about heavy picking.

exactly, theres tons of way to play different songs. you can play the same notes, but the tone will be different based on the technique used, for example downpicking vs. alternate picking, same notes different sound.

Fractal Axe-Fx Ultra
EBMM JP7 Dargies Delight II
Manuel Rodriguez C Cedar Top
Quote by cd>mp3
yeah, i chicken-picked Eruption all way through until last year, what do you know?

oh and most Slayer songs can be played by putting a vibrating toothbrush on the E string and palm muting

Haaaaa.
Also, you have to bark (not sing) completely off-time.
GHOST BLOWJOB!
WHOOO! WOOOOOOOOOOOO!
Pick as fast as you can, then pick random notes from fret 1 - 6 as fast as u can.
that sounds good too .....
Quote by crazyace2
Pick as fast as you can, then pick random notes from fret 1 - 6 as fast as u can.
that sounds good too .....

hey...

that's how i solo!!!!
Quote by rip3149
i'm trying to show my cousin how to play raining blood the way i learned it and have always played it. when i showed him the really fast section after the galloping frenzy, he saw what notes to play and rather than picking each note as i assume most do, he used tapping. i tried it and i gotta say, it works out really well. does anybody else play it like that? i've been playing it for at least a year and a half and never thought to use a tapping technique in that section.

I use the same method a bit, not for that song in particular. For example, Dragonforce- Through the fire and flames (if you look at a live video you will find they do it also) and for the crazy train-ozzy solo
<|ĐÞŞ|>
Dead Puppy Society
=When the going gets tough, the tough get going=