Where's the guy with the 'Epiphone Bass = Fail' Headline?

I need him right now.....

But no, do NOT get it. I have played these pieces of crap and it is not worth draining the money, when you could get something better.

pretentious small text, right justified signature
UG's professional coffee nerd
also UG's musical theatre nerd
roscoe's wetsuit
I know Gibson basses tend to be on the ok side unless we are talking about the Grabber and I'm sure there Epiphone basses are no different, but you can definetly get something better. I highly suggest checking out the Ibanez GSR200. Better bass and lower cost.

http://bass-guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Ibanez-GSR200-4String-Bass?sku=519524
Gear:
EBMM Bongo HS 4
EBMM Sting Ray 5
Eden D410T
Tech 21 Sansamp RBI
Tech 21 Sansamp RPM
Art 341 Dual Channel EQ
QSC GX5 Power Amp
There's a guy around here with a Dr. Cox avatar and a user title that says "Epiphone Bass= Fail" and i agree. For the price of that (im guessing around $300), i'd recommend a used squier vintage modified jazz bass and maybe an acoustic combo amp.
when i played it in the store it seemed ok.

do ibanez have a starter pack or anything?
also if anyone knows places in australia where i can check these things out it'd be great
billy hyde always a good store to check out and also check out your local stores
Originally Posted by smb
I'm an arrogant bastard - I thought I was good before I'd plucked a note. I was right, of course.

Quote by MetalBass 77
sonsie knows all
Nope, no sig here.
Last edited by Mutant Corn at Oct 31, 2008,
I've never heard a review of an embassy bass, it's one of the Epiphone originals they brought back isn't it? It might be okay, can we get a review if you played one?
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
Epiphones are fine, the quality of them is a lot higher than it used to be.
Don't quote me, but I believe Epis are made for Gibson by the Samick factory, who I think also make some Squier Affinity series guitars for Fender.
*END TRANSMISSION*

You don't have to be crazy to post here, but it helps.

HAIL BABUTAU!
Quote by blinkdude747
Epiphones are fine, the quality of them is a lot higher than it used to be.
Don't quote me, but I believe Epis are made for Gibson by the Samick factory, who I think also make some Squier Affinity series guitars for Fender.

There's no issue with the quality of epiphone basses, they're simply flawed at design stage. Bad weight distribution, bad wood choices and impractically muddy pickups are all features of their EB and thunderbird lines and I sincerely doubt this model is any better.
"I hope I die before I get old"-Words of Pete Townsend, 1945-

"I hope I die before I turn into Pete Townsend"-Words of Kurt Cobain, 1967-1994

Funny old world eh.
Quote by wouldyakindly
There's no issue with the quality of epiphone basses, they're simply flawed at design stage. Bad weight distribution, bad wood choices and impractically muddy pickups are all features of their EB and thunderbird lines and I sincerely doubt this model is any better.

Well, looking at the specs and picture of this particular model, I'm not sure if those rules would apply. Looks balanced, made of maple, and has a P pickup. I don't see any resemblance to the T-birds or EBs.
Quote by HighPotency
There's a guy around here with a Dr. Cox avatar and a user title that says "Epiphone Bass= Fail" and i agree. For the price of that (im guessing around $300), i'd recommend a used squier vintage modified jazz bass and maybe an acoustic combo amp.

you mean ol Indian Rock Star?

this one isn't as bad, I would rate it with ESP's on the stupid scale, right above the Deans.

but if you're looking to start, look at that Ibanez. GSR200 is major victory.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
Quote by CurbstompBass
Well, looking at the specs and picture of this particular model, I'm not sure if those rules would apply. Looks balanced, made of maple, and has a P pickup. I don't see any resemblance to the T-birds or EBs.

Point taken, just speaking from experience. I still doubt it's as good as a vintage modified P though.
"I hope I die before I get old"-Words of Pete Townsend, 1945-

"I hope I die before I turn into Pete Townsend"-Words of Kurt Cobain, 1967-1994

Funny old world eh.
Quote by HighPotency

True as brew
CANNIBAL CORPSE

When the silence is gone, what have we become?
Ibanez GSR200. Nuttin' beats Ibanez for quality on the lower price scale.
You can't comment on gear until you have tried it!
If you were to get an epi bass you would get the embassy.

But go for Ibanez/Cort
Gear:
Washburn RB2500 (5 String)
Yamaha BB400 Fretless (1981)
Carlo Giordano 3/4 Upright (White)
Cort Action 4 (Stereo-fied)
Orange Bass Terror 500
Orange 1x15 Cab
Boss GT-6 Bass Multi-effects
Quote by thegiaco2112
those are really really good basses to start playing

I agree, any of those will do you well for a while.
Quote by Hal-Sephira

We all have the rights to be mad

So does you