Okayyyyyy.

As you may or may not know.. I have an apparently 'terrible' amplifier, so by going off what people have said, I have been to multiple stores trying out different amplifiers with my guitar.
So i need some help choosing what Amplifier to get.

the Genres i play mainly are;
Rock
Metal
Heavy Metal
Blues

So if by going off that i'd like any recommendations please?

My budget... hmm.. I'm not sure,
But i don't want a small practise amp, i want a gig amp, so quite large, i mean around the size of my current one, (150W).

Thanks for the help.
Vox Valvetronix series. I think they oly go up to 100W but theyre loud as hell.
Originally Posted by Demon Wolf
one dream of mine is to play baroque and roll.

i dont quite know what it is, but i assume it involves plenty of harpsichord solos and medieval chanting.

For gigging. Well, im gonna sugest going tube. Because at gigging levels, they mostly sound better than solid state. Solid states get some nasty clipping going on at high volumes.

So, that would mean you wouldnt need a 150 watt amp. It depends whether you need to use clean tones or not. If not, you could get away with a 15 watt tube combo. If its imperative that you have cleans, your probs gonna need at least a 30 watt. I wouldn't go much over 50 watts though, as that will be deafeningly loud.
Ill give you an idea of how loud my 15 watt is - i have to have i just over 2 (when volume actually comes out of the amp) when im at home, as otherwise its too loud. At band practice, it never goes above 6 as we get complaints from the neighbours across the street.

An idea of the sorts of bands you cover would be helpful, as then we could base our suggestions on their amp styles or cheaper equivalents.

However, basing on the metal and heavy metal thang id say try some Peavey stuff, 5150 or whatever its called now. triple x maybe. Perhaps even the Valveking. ITs always worth a try.

For rock and Blues, well id say - Peavey Classic series. Crate Palomino (i think thats what they're called). Try some Fender stuff, but it is quite expensive really.

Basically, you're gonna have to go into your nearest guitar shop and try as many amps as you can. One will surely click with you.

The problem is that there are very few amps that will cover the whole range of your styles adequately. Some amps will do metal really well but blues passably and vice versa.

Thats just my two cents and im sure someone with a greater knowledge will get involved and help you some more, but those are just some suggestions.

Hope ive helped, and also that i haven't got anything seriously wrong,

db
Quote by alfonzo99
Vox Valvetronix series. I think they oly go up to 100W but theyre loud as hell.

Are they Tube?

Cause i do want a tube amp,
and that would be alright, by the sounds of it, i'll check it out.
For that budget:

Randall RG50TC
For just a little bit more, Peavey Classic 30
Peavey Valveking 112
Peavey Windsor Studio
Bugera 6260-212
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Quote by Chasing Shadows
Are they Tube?

Cause i do want a tube amp,
and that would be alright, by the sounds of it, i'll check it out.

When it boils down to it, no, they're not.
They're 'hybrid' amps, partly powered by a tube, but the modelling effects are still purely digital.

I've got the 50watt combo. It's quite good, as far as solid state amps go I'd rank it near the top, but if a real all-tube amp is available go for that instead.
Laney Lionheart combo. Only 5 watts but they make microphones for a reason!

http://www.laney.co.uk/show_prod.php?prod=l5t-112

Listen to it... I love it.
1988 Epi LP Custom
Peavey Wolfgang Special
G&L ASAT Classic Tribute
PRS SE Soapbar
PRS SE Custom
Jet City JCA20H
VOX lil' Night Train
Celestion Greenback and Vintage 30 Speakers
Assorted Pedals and swag
VC30?

Hmm.
Doesn't sound like a bad amp, i'll need to give it a go though.
Read one review so far, the guy keeps going on about how it sounds 'gorgeous' sure he must be gay right? lol.
Erm, yeah, so... i'll keep checking out some reviews and go and listen to a few amps with my guitar, to see how it goes.

Any more ideas?
thanks
Quote by Chasing Shadows
VC30?

Hmm.
Doesn't sound like a bad amp, i'll need to give it a go though.
Read one review so far, the guy keeps going on about how it sounds 'gorgeous' sure he must be gay right? lol.
Erm, yeah, so... i'll keep checking out some reviews and go and listen to a few amps with my guitar, to see how it goes.

Any more ideas?
thanks

Seeing as you're mainly playing metal, I'd get a Randall RG50TC if I were you.
Ack : /

My Dad said i can't sell my amp... We'll lose too much money if we sold it.
So that idea has kinda gone down the drain : /
"the Genres i play mainly are;
Rock
Metal
Heavy Metal
Blues"

what percentage of each of these genres do you play? could you give us a few examples of bands you like from each of those genres (as your idea of metal may be different to mine)?

Thanks
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
im kinda in the same position and its a tussle up between the Bugera(s) and the peavey classic 30
but the bugera comes with a footswitch and for the peavey im guessing a OD pedal would be needed (and maybe a footswitch aswell)
"Like a midget at a urinal, I was going to have to stay on my toes"

"Like a blind man at an orgy, I was going to have to feel my way through"