My Ibanez is broken. The (nut? around the) input jack is loose. I can tighten it but it loosens again. What should I do?

Ibanez SR506BM
Ashdown Little Giant 1000w
Peavey TVX 115+410
A big ass upright

tighten it up more
Jackson RR3
ESP LTD MH-250NT (EMG 81-85)
Peavey Valveking 100 Head
Harley Benton Cabnet
Blackstar Distx Valve Distortion
Boss DD3
Dunlop Cry Baby Wah
Ibanez Weeping Demon
Boss Noise-Gate
A Member Of The Jackson Players Group
Quote by prison sex
tighten it up more

But it comes loose again.

Ibanez SR506BM
Ashdown Little Giant 1000w
Peavey TVX 115+410
A big ass upright

Most likely that's a cheap input jack on that guitar. My suggestion is to replace it. If the hole in the guitar is big enough. Get switchcraft. Problem solved.
1988 Epi LP Custom
Peavey Wolfgang Special
G&L ASAT Classic Tribute
PRS SE Soapbar
PRS SE Custom
Jet City JCA20H
VOX lil' Night Train
Celestion Greenback and Vintage 30 Speakers
Assorted Pedals and swag
Replace it, or just put some blue loctite on the threads and tighten it down. That should hold it.
what he said ^^ blue loctite threadlock.. should be in every guitarist's bag o' stuff
out of here

Make sure you remove the entire assembly and hold both the inside and outside when you tighten it otherwise it's possible you can cause the inside to spiin, ripping out the wiring inside the guitar.

Not a hard fix (just resolder), but still annoying.

Like someone said, many people use loctite to keep it from loosening. Another thing you could try is to get a very thin locking washer (available at any hardware store) and place it in between the nut and the jack.
~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Once in a blue moon, God reaches down from his lofty perch, points at an infant boy and proclaims, "This one shall have balls carved out of fucking granite."
Quote by inflatablefilth
what he said ^^ blue loctite threadlock.. should be in every guitarist's bag o' stuff

No it should not be... because with Loctite you may never get it back off without destroying what you are working on.
Quote by CJRocker
No it should not be... because with Loctite you may never get it back off without destroying what you are working on.

The Blue (242 Removable) Loctite is still removeable with hand tools and doesn't require anything special to remove/disassemble.

Just make sure you're using the correct type. Other types of Loctite may require high heat treatment to remove or can be permanent.
~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Once in a blue moon, God reaches down from his lofty perch, points at an infant boy and proclaims, "This one shall have balls carved out of fucking granite."
Quote by CJRocker

That's why I said blue. Red requires heat to get off. Blue just holds the nut in place, you can still get it off when you need to.