im back... i took your suggestions from last time and tried out both blues junior models and i was not ver impressed. They were both ververy bright and were lacking in bottom end. So this time ill ask again... a good small tube amp for blues (SRV,Clapton) and classic rock. here is my list of what i was thinking but please im open to all suggestions.My budget is about $600 but i don't wanna spend that much. i prefer the sound of fender tweed amps. thanks again for the help

1.Peavey Classic 30
2.Blackheart handsome Devil
3. anything else.....
Quote by Blackie08
im back... i took your suggestions from last time and tried out both blues junior models and i was not ver impressed. They were both ververy bright and were lacking in bottom end. So this time ill ask again... a good small tube amp for blues (SRV,Clapton) and classic rock. here is my list of what i was thinking but please im open to all suggestions.My budget is about $600 but i don't wanna spend that much. i prefer the sound of fender tweed amps. thanks again for the help

1.Peavey Classic 30
2.Blackheart handsome Devil
3. anything else.....

What the hell guitar did you play with? Tube amps are usually pretty warm.

Try the classic 30, it's a nice amp. See if you can get a used, older one. The new ones aren't quite as good.
if you prefer the sound of fender tweed amps neither the peavey nor the blackheart will really do it for you...they're british voiced

tbh, the only low wattage tweed amps you can get today (deluxe, low powered twin) are gonna cost you a lot more than 600 bucks
you might wanna try the champ 600, but its "only" 5w

Whodicted

Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
france is laaaaame

Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
Last edited by hendriko at Oct 31, 2008,
i brought my 08 American Standard to GC and played those blues juniors and they were both very bright... it was really annoying. well could anybody reccomend me a fender tweed sounding tube amp thats kinda small (<30W)??? and for how much. i really love that sound.
jcm800
MIJ Rhoads Pro '90
Epi LP Prophecy GX + LP Custom Maple EMGs
MIJ Soloist XL '93 =]
MIJ Fender Strat Kahler
Squire tele '94?
Warlock platinum '90? old shape

Laney VC15

Jackhammer
TRADES????
Yes, Fender amp's are bright, so turn down the treble a bit. Or lower the input volume. Tah-dah! If you want Clapton (I assume you actually mean Eric Clapton, and not Cream, because then you are in the wrong place) and SRV, thats the only way to go really.

If you are willing to spend the cash,the Blues Deluxe RI has (what I think is) the best circuitry of any tube amp within your price range. However, I personally didn't like the speaker on the drive channel, too 'squaky.' Spent $100 and replaced it with a Weber, and wow!
Suhr Custom, Flaxwood Rautia or Grosh Tele thru
HBE Medicine Bawl Wah
Analogman BiComp
Texas Two Step OD
Fulltone Ultimate Octave/Fuzz
Boss CE-2
TC Nova Delay
SLO-100, 65 London or Bogner Shiva
Ask me about any of this stuff!
Quote by Blackie08
i brought my 08 American Standard to GC and played those blues juniors and they were both very bright... it was really annoying. well could anybody reccomend me a fender tweed sounding tube amp thats kinda small (<30W)??? and for how much. i really love that sound.

That twang is in your guitar. Try fitting SC sized 'buckers in your strat, that'll warm it up a bit.

Try the Blues Junior with a humbucker, you'll see the difference, but remember it still has to work with your guitar.
i really like the sound of that BDRI but i don't have the cash for it...these don't have to be fender amps.. just that fender tweed sound. any other amp makers boutique or otherwise that have that sound for like 600 and under???? i should probably say that im going for current clapton tone and will be putting in tbx and midboost circuit in my USA strat soon also.. any other suggestions????
I'm huge fan of Clapton and SRV, and I find the Fender Blues Junior NOS to be about as close to their tone as you can get for under $600.

I know you said that you didn't like it, but I think you had it on the wrong settings for the sound that you were trying to achieve. Maybe you should go and try again with a strat and have someone help you?

I'm not trying to be negative. It's just that the Fender Blues Junior is a good quality amp, and should be exactly what you're looking for.

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Fender-Hot-Rod-Series-Blues-Junior-NOS-15W-1x12-Tube-Guitar-Combo-Amp-102321528-i1173592.gc
Where are you located?

There are certain places where you can get a fender 5E3 clone for around your price range. A 5E3 clone is what you want.
The BJ is great for that stuff and if you can look for a used Deluxe Reverb, right on the spot for what you want.
^If a blues junior is too bright a DRRI is going to be way too bright.

A 5E3 clone is what you want

http://www.torresengineering.com/tweeddel5e3k1.html
https://taweber.powweb.com/store/kits_50a.htm#5E3
The blues junior i find to be pretty bassy when turned up a bit. Did you crank it? Did you EQ it properly?

X
'05 Fender Speed Shop So-Cal Stratocaster
'95 Squier Standard Strat

OLP MM1
Washburn X200v Pro

Tanglewood TW145-SC
Yamaha C40

Orange Dark Terror + PPC212
Jet City JCA20H + JCA24S
im located in Syracuse New, York... could somebody show me some of the fender 5E3 clones..
Quote by Blackie08
im located in Syracuse New, York... could somebody show me some of the fender 5E3 clones..

I think goolz did 2 posts up.
Have you tried an Epiphone Blues Custom or Peavey Delta Blues?

Edit: Altho neither is really a "small" amp, both are generally normal sized combo's. Unless by small you mean not a half stack. What about a used AMPEG JET? Just thought of that.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Last edited by gregs1020 at Oct 31, 2008,
The Delta blues is TITS for the money.
+1
but still your ganna want something thats on the american side, for that type of money might aswell get a ceriatone clone.
Last edited by THEKID546 at Oct 31, 2008,
Quote by gregs1020
I think goolz did 2 posts up.
Have you tried an Epiphone Blues Custom or Peavey Delta Blues?

Edit: Altho neither is really a "small" amp, both are generally normal sized combo's. Unless by small you mean not a half stack. What about a used AMPEG JET? Just thought of that.

All of those are win.

So is the Valve Standard.
This is the kind of sounds I get from my slightly modded Traynor YVC20 with tung sol preamp tubes and JJ power tubes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYFo6tVEn5E

If you check out the video could you please leave a comment on it on you tube mentioning that youcame from UG. I am curious to see how much traffic come from UG.
Last edited by stujomo at Nov 1, 2008,
Quote by Taniel_24
See if you can find a Crate Palomino... the 30 watt is about 350-400.

Those are very british flavored.

But he might like em
has anybody tried the ceriatonew 5e3 tweed deluxe... it sounds like just what i want for $450????
I haven't tried that one exactly but they make amazing amps. I have no doubt that you will love it. HOWEVER, shipping will probably be about 150, since they are based in Malyasia

EDIT:
You were proably looking at the wrong thing too. The COMPLETE amp is http://www.ceriatone.com/productSubPages/AC5E3/AC5E3Cabinet.htm

It'll probably end up costing you 800-850 total
Last edited by mcrfobtai at Nov 1, 2008,
Wouldn't building a kit be a bit difficult if he has little to no electronics experience? Not saying you do but...

Also, I heard Weber kits aren't that great? Maybe?
Quote by imgooley
^If a blues junior is too bright a DRRI is going to be way too bright.

A 5E3 clone is what you want

http://www.torresengineering.com/tweeddel5e3k1.html
https://taweber.powweb.com/store/kits_50a.htm#5E3

Quote by acdcrocks0323
We have a winner.

https://taweber.powweb.com/store/kits_50a.htm

Go down till you get to the 5E3.