i submitted my tab of apologize by onerepublic. it got rejected the first time. but then i recognized the flaws and then i revised my work and submitted it. within 4hours of submitting, it got rejected again.

my first version of the tab >

http://ultimate-guitar.com/home/get_rejected.php?id=749873

my revised version>

http://ultimate-guitar.com/home/get_rejected.php?id=749545

** the tab may appear out of its natural order when viewed this way but i assure everybody that i previewed my contribution before submitting it

my .txt file of my tab

http://www.sendspace.com/file/8164fd

====
now, i don't really care if you think my work is not good enough.

i would only like to be clear with your criteria for accepting and rejecting contributions.

i am just a grateful guitar player trying to give back something to the UG community.

thanks and more power UG staff =)
Last edited by busridediary at Oct 31, 2008,
some people are just evil, if you have their names report them to emad and he will sort it out.
probably because there are already 6 versions of the song, 3 of which have a rating of 5 stars

I doubt your tab is any better than one of those three
Originally Posted by NAME GOES HERE
Dude, with a name like Cannibal Corpse, what were you expecting? Ponies and rainbows?

Quote by lpguitarplayer3
probably because there are already 6 versions of the song, 3 of which have a rating of 5 stars

I doubt your tab is any better than one of those three

this.

you should always check the site for tabs first. and saying "but i know mine is 100 times better than those" doesn't help.

there is still 6 versions. half have been rated by people all around the world as a 5 star tab.
Quote by innertom
So much down syndrome

remember UG Community? thought so.
if you had the time to view my tab, there are credits to apologize ver4 chords. i read the comments there and most of them requested an in-depth version of the chord tab. i simply expanded the tab and added a few missing notes coming from ver4 chords. i know i am not in a position to say my tab is better, in fact, this is just me helping out other players who cant figure this out for themselves.

please view the tab before making any hasty generalizations.

@ lpguitarplayer3 ,

we are never in a position to claim which tabs are better, because there are various ways on expressing each song. by the way, did you view my tab?
Quote by busridediary
i would only like to be clear with your criteria for accepting and rejecting contributions.

i am just a grateful guitar player trying to give back something to the UG community.

thanks and more power UG staff =)
it's unfortunate you spent so much effort on a tab that we already have so many good versions of.

next time, check to see if the song has been tabbed before and if the ratings are high, k?

go here and READ this: WTF? Where is my tab?!?!
there's no need to post in the thread, you know why your tab was rejected.
but you might find other reasons that the next song you tab might be rejected.
if you know the common errors, you can avoid them, right?

thanks for your attempt on this one, and best of luck on your efforts for the next song.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
^ yes , and before i created this thread, i knew beforehand that they reject tabs because of the reasons mentioned.

We have a similar tab in the archives
- There are too many versions of the tab already
- It was inaccurate or not formatted
- It was intro or solo tab while we already have tabs for the whole song

1. my tab is authentic, although it is merely an improvisation of an existing chord (ver4, 5 star, 40+votes) , comments on the chord suggests that the version is helpful, but incomplete
2. yes, in fact there are too many versions of this tab, but i've seen versions going up to the 9th version. i sincerely believe that the tabs created after viewing the pre existing tabs are merely corrections, improvisations and completions of the tabs previously posted.

-Whats the strum/pick pattern for this?
-yeh mann wus tha strumming pattern
- yeah..if u dont mind, can u give me the strummin pattern and how to fret the chords..im kinda new to this kinda
thing..so if u can please send it..thanx
-strumming pattern?
-strumming patturn??????? Gosh...
-sooo, like..how do you strum it? hahah cos mine keeps getting weirder..lol.
-I think it's good.
Maybe.
Um.. It's a little difficult to catch the strumming
cause this song hasn't a guitar..
At least no rythm guitar.

these are the comments on the highest-rated version of this song.
but then, if you think one advancement can't be that helpful since the pre existing version is good enough, i accept that.

thanks anyway for those who had the time to view my tab.
Quote by busridediary
1. my tab is authentic, although it is merely an improvisation of an existing chord (ver4, 5 star, 40+votes) , comments on the chord suggests that the version is helpful, but incomplete
if your version is THAT much better, it will probably be accepted. but i kinda doubt the improvements are significant enough to warrant the additional clutter and confusion. i may be wrong, though. I will ask Annie to take a look at what you've posted here.

Quote by busridediary
2. yes, in fact there are too many versions of this tab, but i've seen versions going up to the 9th version. i sincerely believe that the tabs created after viewing the pre existing tabs are merely corrections, improvisations and completions of the tabs previously posted.
that has happened in the past, but there is a very strong effort going on right now to limit the number of versions/clutter. if there is more that 1 5-star rated tab, chances are, new versions will be rejected.

if you include all the types of tabs for that song: tab, solo tab, chords, bass tab, power tab, guitar pro tab; there are 24 versions. it's quite a mess.

unless your tab is PERFECT, i really wouldn't bother, you know?
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
TS, this is the reason your tab was rejected. As you can see, there are quite a few other versions of that song. Many are rated highly, which indicates that there's not really a need for anymore of those tabs. Your tab is very good, I'll give you that. But it looks too similar to some tabs that are already on UG. True, there have been songs that got up to the 9th and 12th and 20th version, but there's been more of an effort lately with the tab mods to keep the number of tabs down if we already have good tabs for it. We appreciate your effort and apologize for any inconvenience.

Next time you have a question about why a tab was rejected, please use this thread. It was created specifically for problems like this and is checked frequently.
tumblr | twitter | instagram
Quote by Rossenrot
Aig91 Atomizes Rossenrot Before Offering Mercy In Exchange For Wholesale Genuflection
Last edited by aig91 at Oct 31, 2008,
yeah, my tab got rejected. it's the solo of purple haze by jimi hendrix. i don't know why. maybe because there are many versions of purple haze (but they aren't rated very well). maybe because i didn't call it "solo". i thought that would be automaticly when i choose that's just a solo. so please check it out:
http://ultimate-guitar.com/home/get_rejected.php?id=762375
Forum posts total : 1 (6.52 posts per day)
how do you know if it was rejected or not?
Equipment:
=>Gibson ES-137 (Custom) Classic
=>Ibanez 4String Soundgear
=>Peavey Milestone IV
=>Boss Overdrive Bass pedal
=>Vox T-15
=>Traynor 71' Bass Master
=>Traynor Custom Reverb
=>Fender 15-R