Page 1 of 3
Hi, I was just wandering, does anyone else have OCD? If so, share your experienes on this thread. I used to have extreme OCD, , going to the toilet like 5 times every night, and keep looking behind me (Not because someone is there, because if I turn my head one way, I felt it was even if I turned my head the other... I feel weird)...However, I recovered now, although sometimes I'm still a lil OCD .

Oh, for thsoe who don't know what it stands for, its obsessive compulsive disorder..

Post away!
Last edited by NKF176 at Oct 31, 2008,
I have an OCD. OCD. OCD.

No, not really. Unless always procastrinating during essay times counts. Counts. Counts.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by Kensai
I have an OCD. OCD. OCD.

Saying/doing things in threes. Ah, I did that once...

Quote by sock_demon
YOu should make another thread about this.

Another two, you mean? mean? mean?
I have a few things, here we go-

Everything in my room has to be in a certain place... my wallet, keys and phone all go on one speaker, my phone USB cable and my straightening serum on the other.

When I stop playing guitar I always turn the volume off, then the power supply, then the amp, then unplug the guitar. I don't know why, I just have to do it that way. And it pisses me off when someone comes into room and knocks the pedals on my board, so they aren't straight.

When I go to sleep, everything in my room has to be off, including my phone. Also, my room has to be completely dark, or I can't sleep.

When I get out the shower, I have a routine I follow when I dry myself. If I break the routine, I get back in the shower. And I hate showering at anyone elses house.

Every drawer and door in my room has to be closed fully. I hate it when people come in my room and don't close the door after them, I have to get up and do it myself.

I like things to be parallel. If say, a book is on a desk, I like them to be straight. I do it to people at college, it pisses them off.
Quote by Tom_hatton
I have a few things, here we go-

Everything in my room has to be in a certain place... my wallet, keys and phone all go on one speaker, my phone USB cable and my straightening serum on the other.

When I stop playing guitar I always turn the volume off, then the power supply, then the amp, then unplug the guitar. I don't know why, I just have to do it that way. And it pisses me off when someone comes into room and knocks the pedals on my board, so they aren't straight.

When I go to sleep, everything in my room has to be off, including my phone. Also, my room has to be completely dark, or I can't sleep.

When I get out the shower, I have a routine I follow when I dry myself. If I break the routine, I get back in the shower. And I hate showering at anyone elses house.

Every drawer and door in my room has to be closed fully. I hate it when people come in my room and don't close the door after them, I have to get up and do it myself.

I like things to be parallel. If say, a book is on a desk, I like them to be straight. I do it to people at college, it pisses them off.

Iused to do that, making things straight, but as I tried to recover from OCD, if things were oddly straight or parallel, I'd make them wonky, so they looked normal...
Dunno if this is OCD, but i can't stand to have a door left open a tiny bit, i have to close it. If it's wide open and i left it like that okay, but otherwise no.
i have to walk evenly. when there are squares or rectangles or really any shape on the sidewalk one foot enters and the other foot ahs the leave the shape. it's really annoying and sometimes causes me to stop or almost trip to make sure it works out. i just can't help it. for some reason only a few of my friends have realized it so it must not look that weird but it's annoying to me. also i can't step on any cracks.
Quote by Eminored
Hentai. It's a completely different world that will rip your eye-sockets and and skull-screw you with its tentacles.
can i post ten times its my thing........
Don't you try and ask me your expiration date
Plans that forgot me 99 times
you'll be the one who opens the gate.

- Cedric Bixler Zavala

Founder of the UG RHPS fanclub....

to join simply amend sig..
a lot of times i have to touch everything the exact same way, in an even number of times for some reason
some of my friends see me doing it & think im weird, like when if i was sitting down & accidently hit my leg with my hand, i'd do the exact same thing again & then go back to normal, & when putting my arm down on an arm rest or something, i put it down, pick it up & put it down again... its kinda weirdly fun actually.
I have lots of these kinds of things, not as many as i used to, i'll give details in an update.

Here we go:
1) I used to count the individual letters in every sentence I said or read, it was a nightmare.
2) Touching things ... always had to be symetrical.
3) I need to keep things straight and in some kind of pattern.
4) I hate having doors open.
5) I imagine typing everything I say on a keyboard.
Last edited by aaciseric at Oct 31, 2008,
I Check 4 times to see if the combination lock on my locker room locker is closed, then I open it once, close it again, and pull on it 4 more times. I do this essentially for all locks.
There are random tiles in my dining room that are red, I can't step on those.
I feel a need to straighten stuff out if it's crooked, or like the parallelism thing that was mentioned earlier.
Bread must be butterd evenly up to the edge.

All dice must have their highest number facing upwards.

You know when you're walking on the pavement and every other row of flagstones starts with a half flag? I have to walk on that row - also I can't walk on any flag that comes out on the diagonal from a corner of differant flags. If I mess this up I have to mess it up the same on each leg.

Things must be done in the right order. If not you start again (I've gotten rid of most of the things I ahve to do in the right order now).
Quote by Tom_hatton

yeah man, everything has to be parallel or I can't function
------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote by zimmzimmer
Maybe your Dads pissed because hes shooting blanks :P
Last edited by mattiwillohouse at Oct 31, 2008,
well...now you're gonna call me the weirdest dude ever but.
I hear and see things.
I saw a shadow of a man standing in front of me for three times already. He was just standing and then walked away. but it was just a shadow. but it dissapeared in the dark. It happens at night. even if I'm not alone and when I have lights turned on. sometimes I hear it say something but I can't understand it but it's not a whisper. It's like someone real would be talking to me.
You probably won't believe me but...meh. I don't care.
1. You're surfing the internet.
2. You're browsing through the UG forums.
3. You're reading now.
5. You didn't notice that there was no #4.
6. You just checked it.
7. Now you're having a lil smile.

Quote by hawk_kst
You Sir, have the best signature like ever!
and i thought this was gonna be about the fulltone OCD.....

edit: although, i guess i'm slightly OCD about things being in the correct place, and i like to be organized. like, if my room is messy, i'll organize the mess. and i move the furniture around in my room about even two weeks, cause i cant stand everything always being in the same place. gah.
Last edited by Skierinanutshel at Oct 31, 2008,
Quote by Kozlic
I hear and see things.
I saw a shadow of a man standing in front of me for three times already. He was just standing and then walked away. but it was just a shadow. but it dissapeared in the dark. It happens at night. even if I'm not alone and when I have lights turned on. sometimes I hear it say something but I can't understand it but it's not a whisper. It's like someone real would be talking to me.

one word - THERAPY
------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote by zimmzimmer
Maybe your Dads pissed because hes shooting blanks :P
Quote by MetallicaIsGhey
My car radio volume HAS to be set at a volume ending in 5 or 0.

same here.
along with my hi-fi
When i turn to look one way i have to turn other or it's uneven. Occasionally I can't walk on the cracks in the cement, i have to walk on the blocks, and i always count my steps when i walk on the blocks. Can't have door open at night, can't sleep at peoples house in complete dark without knowing were the exits are(weird.)
1. I always wear 2 shirts... If the shirt on top is white, the shirt under has to black. If the shirt on top is black, the shirt under must be white. If the shirt on top is any other color, the shirt under has to be gray.

there are others, but i have to go to the dentist.
My Gear:
Squier Stratocaster
Line 6 Spider III 75w
Line 6 FBV Express

Wanted Gear:
Gibson Les Paul
Gibson ES335
Marshall JVM410H
Marshall JCM800
Dunlop Crybaby
Quote by Kozlic
I hear and see things.

...That's not OCD, that's a spirit trying to talk to you. Nowhere CLOSE to OCD man

As for mine, my left eye would twitch, and I'd have to turn my head to the right. I couldn't help it, man it got annoying. And when playing guitar, I have to hit the same note over and over and over before I can play the whole thing, or else I just don't play it. Also annoying.
My gear:
Schecter C-1+ w/ Seymour duncan Jazz (neck) and Full Shred (bridge), with Sperzels
B-52 LG-100A 4x12 half stack
Rogue LX405 Bass
Yamaha classical
Some sort of acoustic Squier
Boss Flanger
Lyon Chorus
each of my individual pubes have to be trimmed to an exact length

i know...
Gear:
2000 Paul Reed Smith CE-24
ESP EC-1000 w/ Seymour Duncans
Ceriatone 18 Watt TMB Plexi 1x12
Peavey 5150 2x12 Combo
Telling Pit Monkeys to use the searchbar.

Telling Pit Monkeys to use the searchbar.
The Prime Factorisation of the number of the beast : 2x3x3x37
I think I have a MINOR case of it. I'll ALWAYS think about the consequences of everything, no matter how unlikely it would be to cause something serious.

Examples:

My heater, which is never plugged in was a bit close to my bed, so I moved the unplugged heater into the hallway, even though it was not going to turn on, due to the lack of a power supply.

If something crosses my mind, I HAVE to do it, or else it will keep eating away at my conscience and will deter my thinking. For example, if I go to bed, and suddenly think about going to the toilet before sleeping, I'll HAVE to get up an do it, or else I wont be able to sleep knowing that I didn't go.

I think that's it, I don't know if you would classify that as OCD.
I used to have to the pavement thing and I am still a little bit retentive about organisation. In a game I play I have more than once spent an hour re arranging main base (i.e. the tanks, choppers and planes etc) into perfect order and then screamed at someone on teamspeak for moving one of them out of line. I used to have a wierd thing where if i did something like scratch my head on the left I would have to use the opposite hand and scratch the right.
I have a few, but they're a result of my extreme anxiety so I can't really claim OCD. Just things that whenever my Anxiety spikes, they spike as well. Things have to be in a certain place (but my rooms always a mess). Or I have to do something in a specific way, I have to move in a certain way or say a certain thing to a certain person.

it sucks
Need Singing Advice?; Read the first page then ask questions.

Quote by punkman_123
Damn Auals, you're messed up. :P

Quote by ZanasCross
This just reminded me of the time that my brother in law texted his mom on the night after his wedding. All it said was "Consummated."
one day when i was about 12-13 i was with my dad who was talking to someone and to pretend like i was paying attention i would occasionaly grunt in aggreement; i couldnt stop for 3 years.

also when i rub one eye i have to rub the other until they feel even

and i crack my knuckles when i dont know what to do with my hands

also blinking at certian times, like when im in the car and hydro poles are passing, not stepping on cracks or stepping on cracks on purpose

theres probably alot more i dont even notice anymore.
Emerse your soul in love

You used to be alright What happened?

Yellow tigers crouched in jungles in her Dark Eyes .
Everybody has minor compulsions, it's part of being human. You can't cure yourself of real OCD. Real OCD needs drugs and years of therapy. I know this, because my brother is in therapy a few times a week and on a stream of drugs.
I used to be really bad for doing this thing where say, if I itched the left side of my head, I'd have to then itch the right. But to make it even, I'd have to itch the right, and then the left. To make that even, I'd then have to itch right left, left right. And then it would be right left, left right, left right, right left, so on and so forth. It would be on anything though, so if I waved my right hand, the whole cycle would follow with waving. I only ever stopped when something else distracted me. I'm not as bad now. Funnily enough, it got better when I started playing guitar.
Im a little bit OCD i think.

i tend to do things in patterns, Like my blogs, they were daily, then i skipped a day when i had nothin to type, and i had stuff to type on the next off day but i didnt post til the day after.

also, i never play a guitar without making sure its tuned, i serously have to go through, even if you tune it infront of me and hand it to me, i will go through and make sure
Music is an art form that celebrates potential. So long as you're looking for it, you'll always find it.
Quote by Mr.Pink101

also, i never play a guitar without making sure its tuned, i serously have to go through, even if you tune it infront of me and hand it to me, i will go through and make sure

I do that too, but that's because I don't trust other people to have ears like mine. Not everyone can tell what note the guitar is and how far it's out (I can pick E and then tune from there, E and D are the only notes I can pick exactly, I can almost get A and G now, and I can get G# if I listen to High And Dry in my head)
Need Singing Advice?; Read the first page then ask questions.

Quote by punkman_123
Damn Auals, you're messed up. :P

Quote by ZanasCross
This just reminded me of the time that my brother in law texted his mom on the night after his wedding. All it said was "Consummated."
Quote by sadistic_monkey
Everybody has minor compulsions, it's part of being human. You can't cure yourself of real OCD. Real OCD needs drugs and years of therapy. I know this, because my brother is in therapy a few times a week and on a stream of drugs.

What for if you don't mind me asking? Im curiouis...
I've never been diagnosed with it but I certainly fit lots of the symptoms. I have intrusive and often disturbing thoughts and obsessive thoughts and feelings, and I can only alleviate them by doing certain things. I also fit some other less well known but maybe nastier symptoms but I don't really wanna go into detail about my mental health on here lol.

And I am sooo weird about things being dirty. If my glass is smeary, I will wash it over and over with boiling water until it's properly clean. I wash my hands after touching lots of things - there are only some things I don't mind touching without washing my hands. I cannot stand to be around dirty things, it makes me feel physically unwell, and I have to go wash and then do something else. Like my kitchen floor at the moment. It's not like...really gross or anything...but it needs to be mopped, so my mum asked me to hoover it first, and omg it freaked me out so much. Like, hoovering is fine, but...it was dirty, and my feet were touching it. And it was still dirty after being hoovered. And even after being mopped it's gonna be dirty because the mop just drags across it...my feet felt so wrong being on the floor.

When I wash stuff up, I use a separate cloth to everyone else because no one else is clean enough, and I REFUSE to fill the sink then wash things up. It's not hygienic at ALL. I don't care if washing things directly under running water is wasteful, at least it's not filthy.

Anyway...it's debilitating to a point, but not to the point where I want to go see my doctor about it. Do not like doctor's surgeries or hospitals. I can live with it.
MEMBER OF THE LAUGAM BRITISH HIT SQUAD! HONORARY MEMBER OF THE SWEDISH LAUGAM HIT SQUAD!
I'M JUST SEE THROUGH FADED, SUPER JADED, AND OUT OF MY MIND
<//////>~ dA
Esther is officially awesome and smart - Frenchy
Page 1 of 3