Here's the story: my band and I are writing some sweet songs, but we want to start doing a little experimentation with Drop D. Right now, everything we do is in standard, but we're a metal band and want to write a couple slow, insanely heavy songs in drop D. I'm using a modded JEM right now, and that's great for standard stuff but tuning any guitar with a FR down mid-concert is just annoying and difficult.

So, I would like another guitar for lower tunings. Drop D, Drop C/C#, whatever. It needs to have a FR for solos and all that good stuff, because I love my FR and don't exactly know why I would want to write a really heavy solo without one (not that it should be used as a crutch, but I'm sure you know what I mean).

Anyways, I would prefer not to spend more than $500 before any taxes, but if you have an absolute MUST-HAVE guitar let me know. I was considering the Jackson Dinky earlier today, but it's a little more expensive than I'd like to spend.

If anybody also thinks a used guitar would be a good idea, let me know.

Please provide a link to musiciansfriend.com or something like that so I can take a closer look at the guitar! Thanks in advance!
Yep, the Ibanez S series guitars are pretty nice. The INF pickups arn't the best, but it is a good guitar, and the trem is a breeze to set up.
Ibanez S and it's ZR bridge dominates this forum so you will get a lot of those :p
G͔͓̅e͎͉̟̽ͬ͐̎̃͐ͨͅå͈͖͕̹̤̟̐̏͋ͅr̩͕̫̰̗s̹̳̼ͥ̒̍̄̅ͥ̚:

ESP Standard Eclipse I CTM VW
ESP LTD Deluxe H-1001
ESP LTD Deluxe Viper-1000 STBC
ESP Edwards E-EX-100STD
Warmoth Paulcaster "Tiger"
Tanglewood TW170 AS
Vox Tonelab ST
Blackstar HT-1R

I know its a little out of your budget, but look at the specs of this baby. And its not just specs, i heard they are built very well. I've had no personal experience with it though.
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Michael-Kelly-Hex-Deluxe-Electric-Guitar?sku=515961

Other guitars you should considder (buy second hand):
- Charvel model 6 (!!!)
- Jackson KE3
- RG1570 (im not a huge fan, but alot of people actually like this one)
- LTD MH-400 or MH-1000
- washburn X50 Pro
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
Quote by hminh87
Ibanez S and it's ZR bridge dominates this forum so you will get a lot of those :p

+1

Checking used on eBay and Craigslist might help finding a great guitar.
Quote by LP_CL
I know its a little out of your budget, but look at the specs of this baby. And its not just specs, i heard they are built very well. I've had no personal experience with it though.
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Michael-Kelly-Hex-Deluxe-Electric-Guitar?sku=515961

Other guitars you should considder (buy second hand):
- Charvel model 6 (!!!)
- Jackson KE3
- RG1570 (im not a huge fan, but alot of people actually like this one)
- LTD MH-400 or MH-1000
- washburn X50 Pro

Thanks for your help man, some of these guitars look pretty good.
I like the ESP and Jackson guitars quite a bit. The Michael Kelly looks interesting, but the one thing holding me back is that the frets aren't jumbo sized, which I'm quite used to at this point and probably would want to stick with.