I have no problem tremolo picking notes or power chords on the E string, but when I'm tremolo picking on the A string I often accidentally hit the e string with my pick (but never any problems with the D string)

i was wondering if there was something wrong with my technique, or the angle i hold the pick? I use Dunlop .38mm picks, and i tend to hold them on a slight angle rather than perpendicular to the strings

here's a video of me so you can see my technique

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=arSA8fxBBgQ
Wow, that's a mentally thin pick - you usually want something a fair bit heavier for accuracy when picking at speed. I personally wouldn't use anything less than 88mm, I usually use Dunlop 1.14mm Tortexes.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by steven seagull
Wow, that's a mentally thin pick - you usually want something a fair bit heavier for accuracy when picking at speed. I personally wouldn't use anything less than 88mm, I usually use Dunlop 1.14mm Tortexes.

+10

dunlop tortex ftw
Quote by closertofreewil
I officially hate you SBLAKELELY.

PSN ID: blakerz92
add me
yeah i see your problem...what i do when i tremolo pick is...i place my hand on the guitar like if i would palm mute...but my palm doesnt touch the strings...

in this position your hand is more stable...and also try not to move too far away from the string with your pick...stay as close to the string as possible...

in your video i can see your hand moving up and down a "very long" way...

hope that helps at least a bit
Gosh... The sound quality cuts my ears.
G͔͓̅e͎͉̟̽ͬ͐̎̃͐ͨͅå͈͖͕̹̤̟̐̏͋ͅr̩͕̫̰̗s̹̳̼ͥ̒̍̄̅ͥ̚:

ESP Standard Eclipse I CTM VW
ESP LTD Deluxe H-1001
ESP LTD Deluxe Viper-1000 STBC
ESP Edwards E-EX-100STD
Warmoth Paulcaster "Tiger"
Tanglewood TW170 AS
Vox Tonelab ST
Blackstar HT-1R