how do you go about mixing minor and major pentatonics?
My Gear:

Fender Aerodyne Stratocaster
NOS Tweed Fender Blues Jr
Boss BD-2
Boss CE-5
Boss CS-3
Dunlop Slash Crybaby
Korg DT-10
Boss BR-600
MXR Script Phase 90
MXR DD-7 Analog Delay

GASing for:
Vox V847
Weeeeell.... use them as relative minor and major keys... like C Major Pentatonic with A minor Pentatonic, also try to find different pentatonics that you can use in one key, for instance in the key of C major you can use the A minor and the E minor pentatonic.
Teh Gear:
Squier Affinity Fat Strat
Digitech RP-350
Roland PA-250
Old custom made 1x12" cab x2

No. 1 Digitech RP-350 recommender

Linux users UNITE ! ! !

I WANT THIS ! ! !
first do some resarch on relative minors and majors.
a quick overview is that if you play the root not of a minor scale, the relative major scale is three semi-tones (frets) up.
eg. e minors relative major is g
this just means that the note of the e minor scale are the same as the notes of the g major scale.

this applies to all major and minor scales ( including pentatonics)
thanks guys. more specifically though, how do you go about mixing the both of them while soloing or playing a lead?
My Gear:

Boss BD-2
Boss CE-5
Boss CS-3
Dunlop Slash Crybaby
Korg DT-10
Boss BR-600
MXR Script Phase 90
MXR DD-7 Analog Delay

GASing for:
Vox V847
Quote by MOOSE_CCR99
thanks guys. more specifically though, how do you go about mixing the both of them while soloing or playing a lead?

if you mean mixing them both within the same solo the way you hear guys like Hendrix, Clapton, or the Allman Brothers do it ........

What's happening, is that they are usually playing over dominant seventh chords which work with both major and minor pentatonic/ blues scales.

so how do you go about doing this? Simple, just do it. Use your years and do it. There are no specific rules, and there is no specific procedure that you must follow.

try this:

record yourself playing an A7 riff. then solo over it with a minor pentatonic scale. listen to what that sounds like. Now solo over it with the major pentatonic scale. listen to what that sounds like.

once you can hear what each scale sounds like over the A7, try going back and forth between the two scales.
shred is gaudy music
It helps if you don't think of the pentatonic as a completely different scale, but more a different way to approach the major and minor scales.

example: I'm improving over something in G major and I decide to use the g major pentatonic instead of the full G major scale. The pentatonic is basically a refined version of it that includes intervals that generally sound better than the whole major scale.
My point is that when you are playing the major pentatonic, you could also say that you are playing just the major scale but you just didn't hit certain notes.

Don't think of it as a totally separate scale, they kinda go hand and hand.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Mesa Boogie Mark IV

Quote by aerosmithfan95
I wanna know what some blues sounding chords I could use in the key of D Aeolian fifth mode of Melodic Minor.

Quote by szekelymihai
try looking for Cm, or any of those complicated jazz chords
thanks, thats exactly what i wanted to know. How do i got about recording myself? what are some affordable but quality 8 track recorders?
My Gear:

Boss BD-2
Boss CE-5
Boss CS-3
Dunlop Slash Crybaby
Korg DT-10
Boss BR-600
MXR Script Phase 90
MXR DD-7 Analog Delay

GASing for: