hey, i recently ordered a new set of pickups off musiciansfriend, and they apparently accidentally sent me an F-spaced bridge instead of a regular for some reason. all i know is that F-spaced are meant for tremolo-equipped guitars.. would it make a big difference if i put the F pickup in? can it be done?
It wouldn't make much of a difference whatever kind of pick-up you put in, at least not until you upgrade your amp. I suggest you send them back and put the money to other new gear.

All I know is, the magnet won't be directly under the string. I'm not sure how that effects sound but I'd guess the outer strings would be quieter.
The Magnetic pole pieces are farther apart on F-Spaced pickups. Seymour Duncan calls their F-Spaced pickups Trembuckers (just in case you didn't know). When the strings and pole pieces don't match up the pickup doesn't pickup all strings equally like it should. Some Import guitars with TOM bridges require an F-Spaced pickup and I own an old Dean Strat copy with a trem (not a floyd) that requires a regular spaced pickup so you just have to measure the distance of the pole pieces on the stock pickup and get one thats the same.
Quote by 2020vision
hey, i recently ordered a new set of pickups off musiciansfriend, and they apparently accidentally sent me an F-spaced bridge instead of a regular for some reason. all i know is that F-spaced are meant for tremolo-equipped guitars.. would it make a big difference if i put the F pickup in? can it be done?

the difference is 3.5mm

Standard spaced pickups are for a string spacing of 48mm over the poles, F-Spaced is 51.5mm.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com