Christ. im writing songs, but i suck at writingg riffs. We play a modern/Proggressive Muse rock stuff. I suck at writing riffs. Any tips for inspiration or basics on writing??? Thanks a **** lot
Myspace.

Quote by djmay71
it wasn't 7 days, it was 5.

and you call yourself the son of catholics

Quote by hugh20
I would keep it on my mantel piece and tell my grandchildren about the day I tried to overthrow the human race with my race of tree-men.
Be God. That's what Matt Bellamy does.

He bases a lot of stuff on the harmonic minor scale, with lots of classical influence. Noodle til you find something you like. Nobody here will write your riff for you.
Quote by lefthandman9876
learn lots of theory, get lots of effect, take lots of drugs

listen to radiohead and pink floyd and more prog, muse is just baby prog compared to some stuff

Lol radiohead prog? Yeah ok...
Smart Real Estate Invenstor
prog liek Mars Volta and Porcupine Tree??
Myspace.

Quote by djmay71
it wasn't 7 days, it was 5.

and you call yourself the son of catholics

Quote by hugh20
I would keep it on my mantel piece and tell my grandchildren about the day I tried to overthrow the human race with my race of tree-men.
Quote by GuitarSpike

there not prog but there very very very very very good, anyone into experimental prog rock should have atleast 3 radiohead cds,

riff writting like everything takes alot of practice, its something you got to work at, write alot of riffs and you sort of figure it out and develop your own style

good luck
Quote by GuitarSpike

People confuse the genre "prog" with the term "progressive." Radiohead is progressive. The genre is a meaningless word now. How can you categorize something that's supposed to be constantly changing/progressing? 'Prog' bands sound the same. PROGRESSIVE bands are the tits - Radiohead, Muse, QOTSA, Volta, Oceansize...I'd go on, but, I'll just get flustered by somebody who disagrees with me.
Well when i white riffs, i like to do what me idols do, look at there work. and try make some effects like they do. writeing riffs is like walking in a park. i think if it like drewing a picture.