Hey, i dont quite have the money to buy yet but am working towards it.

i just wanna know which one you guess prefer and think would be better for me.

i play metal, mostly thrash but a fair range. so i want this guitar for thrash and shred aswell as good cleans.

i want a 7 string and these are the two imdeciding between. im not a fan of small bodied guitars and want something bigger and more metal.

i am not gigging atm but hope to be soon.

what i like in a guitar is:
a floyd like bridge (i know the xiphos doesnt have this but i would sacrifice it if it felt better.
a great comfletable shred neck with a gloss paint coating.

the closest iv tested to either of these is a 6 string razorback and i loved it, and i mean loved it. i will test the others asap.

so what do you lot think?

this is judged on the better guitar not price and i dont want any argueing about dean making money from dimebag cos its not true.

thanks in advance.
out of those, i'd personally go for the Ibanez, but you'd be better off trying them out first

but im HOPEFULLY getting a 7-string in november (for my birthday) & im wanting a Schecter C-7 (either Hellraiser or Blackjack)
I really like Ibanez necks, but both are pretty ****ing sexy.

Ibanez SR506BM
Ashdown Little Giant 1000w
Peavey TVX 115+410
A big ass upright

I like my XPT707fx much better than any Razorback I have played, but I haven't played the 7 string version, so I don't really have much of an opinion on it. But I'd recommend the Xiphos for sure.
Quote by jkielq91
i will test the others asap.

Do this first, then get back to us.

Personally, I don't like Dean guitars too much (I've tried a few, including some Razorback of sorts which I found totally horrendous) and they tend to be poor value for money.
Out of those 2, definetly the Ibanez. Razorback = overpriced, uglier (IMO of course) and less versatile.

And yes it is true. There's a good reason Dean's founder left the company.
Gear:
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Ibanez GRG170DX
Peavey Vypyr 75
Fender Princeton 650 DSP w/ Celestion 80w speaker
Personally, I don't like Dean guitars too much (I've tried a few, including some Razorback of sorts which I found totally horrendous) and they tend to be poor value for money.

with the razorback neck you either love it or hate it, i love the v shape
non of the shops around me seem to sell ibanez. theres a shop attached to my local music school tha has some, ill go take a look at which ones.
It's fine IMO, I have no problems with it. It's lower action than most TOM bridges, so their no angle on the neck like a Les Paul for example. I actually like the bridge, even though it looks like it'd hurt your hand, you'd have to have pretty girly hands to get cut by it. I've played standard TOM bridges that are edgier than it, and it's just a really stable bridge.
Quote by bowen
It's fine IMO, I have no problems with it. It's lower action than most TOM bridges, so their no angle on the neck like a Les Paul for example. I actually like the bridge, even though it looks like it'd hurt your hand, you'd have to have pretty girly hands to get cut by it. I've played standard TOM bridges that are edgier than it, and it's just a really stable bridge.

in the pictures it does look really jaggedy, but i just gott try it for myself lol.
do you definetly have to move the strip hooks on the xiphos? everyone goes on about the neck dive and id be to scared to drill it after spending that much.
if its about looks then i think xiphos........
i dont like dean Headstock... out of proportion...
and the body shape of razorback 7 doesnt seem to be designed at all when compared to xiphos..
there are more ugly shaped guitar from bc rich... i hate those shapes...
xiphos is elegant
NAHID