Poll: Will I look like a douche?
Poll Options
View poll results: Will I look like a douche?
Yes :(
16 29%
No :D
40 71%
Voters: 56.
So for my speech class I have to do an informative presentation. Basically I inform the audience about something. I can't choose a topic that's too controversial or too technical.

So for my topic I have chosen...YOU GUESSED IT! The electric guitar. More specifically the solid body electric. What I planned to do is just explain some history about it and then the parts of the guitar and what they do.

Now I already did a presentation on the instrument in another class (Jazz/pop music) with completely different people, months ago. However, again I don't plan on bringing my actual guitar, just pictures in a Power Point presentation (That I will recycle). To make me less of a douche I plan on being funny (I can pull off the funnies...Trust me. No Pokemon involved)

So Ug, will I look like a douche?
Btw if any classmates ask if I play, I'll just say no and I'll probably never see these people again next semester...
Why would you look like a douche?
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by metaldud536
So for my speech class I have to do an informative presentation. Basically I inform the audience about something. I can't choose a topic that's too controversial or too technical.

So for my topic I have chosen...YOU GUESSED IT! The electric guitar. More specifically the solid body electric. What I planned to do is just explain some history about it and then the parts of the guitar and what they do.

Now I already did a presentation on the instrument in another class (Jazz/pop music) with completely different people, months ago. However, again I don't plan on bringing my actual guitar, just pictures in a Power Point presentation (That I will recycle). To make me less of a douche I plan on being funny (I can pull off the funnies...Trust me. No Pokemon involved)

So Ug, will I look like a douche?
Btw if any classmates ask if I play, I'll just say no and I'll probably never see these people again next semester...

Do you look like this?

Then probably not.
go for it
i bet most people dont know exactly how electric guitars work anyway, you'll probably do them some good
▲I had a friend once
►He took some acid
▼Now he thinks he's a fire engine
Why hide the fact that you play guitar? Just because you are passionate about your instrument does not make you a douche.
I'd suggest that you bring a guitar. Definately more opportunities to show the diffrent parts and their interaction.

You could plug the guitar, put an earbud on a pickup, and and some wah to the song, to show how pickups amplifies the sound.
Need fashion advice?

Quote by PaperStSoapCo
I wish I had a dick like a black guy instead of my little white dick.

Quote by JoelTheShredder
i love you more than words can express jean.

I saw Rick Astley in Quebec City, on April 10th 2009. Best day of my life!
Quote by slashfan7243
why would you say you dont play?

I don't know man. I mean I've never really mentioned anything guitar related to these people here. I just want the easy A in something I have some knowledge about. Plus I have my "Trump card" !
will you be wearing any abercrombie and finch clothes?
will you pop your colar?
"Like a midget at a urinal, I was going to have to stay on my toes"

"Like a blind man at an orgy, I was going to have to feel my way through"

If people aren't interested, they aren't interested. So to the majority, unless you're really captivating (judging by your insecurity, I'd say it's likely) you'll probably look like a douche, yes.
It'd be way cooler if you brought a guitar with you - even if it was only some cheap pice o' junk. You know, whenever people see my guitar they want to hold it - just for fun, pretending to be a rockstar or something.

But I don't see how doing a guitar oriented presentation will make you look like a douche, even without having a guitar with you.
Quote by Alix_D
If people aren't interested, they aren't interested. So to the majority, unless you're really captivating (judging by your insecurity, I'd say it's likely) you'll probably look like a douche, yes.

Trust me when I say I can pull off the funnies. Even my teacher said I'm really captivating (after several speeches). To answer why I won't bring in my guitar is because I all have is this for an amp:

I also only 5-7 minutes to do this.
I did that for speech class in high school, but I brought my guitar and played. I did it it to add some comedy to an otherwise bland presentation.
Miss Scourge? PM me.

I am the mistress of ManWithoutAHat . This pleases me.
I voted yes for kicks...
I did a presentation on my guitar years ago and everyone loved it..

You'll be fine
Quote by YngwieJnr
will you pop your colar?

If you say no to both of these questions, you won't look like a douche, even if you play the intro of "Through the Fire and Flames".
Need fashion advice?

Quote by PaperStSoapCo
I wish I had a dick like a black guy instead of my little white dick.

Quote by JoelTheShredder
i love you more than words can express jean.

I saw Rick Astley in Quebec City, on April 10th 2009. Best day of my life!
Quote by metaldud536
Trust me when I say I can pull off the funnies. Even my teacher said I'm really captivating (after several speeches). To answer why I won't bring in my guitar is because I all have is this for an amp:

*Cringe*
by thinking you might look like a douschebag for doing a presentation a guitar, you sir, are a douschebag
Alfonso Flores
Quote by metaldud536
Trust me when I say I can pull off the funnies. Even my teacher said I'm really captivating (after several speeches).

What are you worried about then?!
Quote by psychotic4392
by thinking you might look like a douschebag for doing a presentation a guitar, you sir, are a douschebag

Highschool made me insecure
Quote by YngwieJnr
will you pop your colar?

I do not have such faggotry in my possesion.
Quote by Alix_D
What are you worried about then?!

Well, I guess I will do this topic. Thanks Pit! You're always providing the best answers!
Quote by LordBishek
Do you look like this?

Then probably not.

the correct answer is yes
Quote by Eminored
Hentai. It's a completely different world that will rip your eye-sockets and and skull-screw you with its tentacles.
Yes because guitar = douchey.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
sup josh!

id say do the presentation if youre able to make it captivating as you say, dont make it a bore fest.