Im going to go get a guitar chord in a second and I was wondering which chord I should replace it with.. I have a chord for my guitar 2 for my EFX loop going to my EHX holy grail reverb and one chored connecting my head and cab. I get a bit of a buzz when i turn on the holy grail so should i use my demarzio that i use for my guitar qand whatever new chord I get with it and then use a crappy chord for my guitar? Which chord should I replcae to get a better sound? Also what chord do you think would be best for about $25?
" Im so god damned horny the crack of dawn better be carefull around me."
- Tom Waits

Gear
Marshall Jcm900 50w Head
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Fender MIM Telecaster w/ rosewood neck&Emg's
EHX Holy Grail
Tone Bone Hot British
Monster Cables? Planet Waves? Not sure if they're $25 though. To be honest for under $25 most cables will be the same quality so essentially it doesn't matter which you get.
he means CABLE not CHORD. A chord can be for example Am or G#. Thread title is really confusing.
Gear
Gibson Les Paul std faded, Godin LG
Marshall jcm900
Keeley ds1, maxon od808, boston tu500, RMC Wizard
..your signal goes through all your cables........

A bad cable anywhere in your signal chain will always have an effect..

also, punctuation and grammar helps.

From what I get out of your post, your holy grail is noisey hum-wise when turned on?

That won't have anything to do with the cable you're using. signal still goes through that cable no matter if the effect is turned off or on. the buzzing is coming from the effect itself.

..but I may not really understand what you're asking. If you need a new patch cord, look at planet waves and monster cables...
sorry Im in a rush I dident have time to look over what I may or may not have wrote wrong. Yes I am talkin about cables not chords sorry for the confusion. Basicly Im going to go buy a nice cable and I wanted to know where to put it? Like were should your best cable go?
" Im so god damned horny the crack of dawn better be carefull around me."
- Tom Waits

Gear
Marshall Jcm900 50w Head
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Fender MIM Telecaster w/ rosewood neck&Emg's
EHX Holy Grail
Tone Bone Hot British
It is true that if you have one really crappy cable in the chain somewhere, upgrading the others will do you little good, but generally, the longer cable runs are more critical. It really doesn't matter what quality your little 6" patch cables are, but a 30ft instrument cable can vary quite a bit.
Quote by Stickymongoose
It is true that if you have one really crappy cable in the chain somewhere, upgrading the others will do you little good, but generally, the longer cable runs are more critical. It really doesn't matter what quality your little 6" patch cables are, but a 30ft instrument cable can vary quite a bit.

+1

Usually this means the cable that's plugged into your guitar. I use Rapco cables, which are fairly cheap, but it's all personal taste.

And also:

http://www.guitarplayer.com/article/49-guitar-cables/apr-08/34729
Quote by Brian8878682
Im going to go get a guitar cable in a second and I was wondering which cable I should replace it with. I have a cable for my guitar, two for my EFX loop going to my EHX holy grail reverb and one cable connecting my head and cab. I get a bit of a buzz when i turn on the holy grail so should i use my dimarzio that i use for my guitar and whatever new cable I get with it and then use a crappy cable for my guitar? Which cable should I replcae to get a better sound? Also what chord do you think would be best for about $25?

This sounds ominous.

(also corrected spelling for easier reading )