Can it be done? or rather will it not damage anything? My guitarist is gone at the moment and i have free reign over his pedal board (it's okay with him) and hes got alot of cool effects pedals, could i run them through my signal with no bass damage or amp damage?
nope, bass through guitar pedals if absolutely fine. youll just lose some of your low end sound
Quote by the humanity
Captainjack666
the lord of sexyness...
Give it a try man, just make sure you use your amp and not his. I think you'll find that some of them are going to sound really cool, and some not so much. There's not really an in-between...if the pedal is voiced for guitar and has a high-pass filter, then it'll sound thin on bass. If it's somthing like a delay or reverb that doesn't have a specific frequency range that it's made to operate inside , then it'll generally sound as good as it does on guitar.
Nope, no sig here.
Last edited by Mutant Corn at Oct 31, 2008,
yeah thast works fine, I've done it myself. Some pedals have Bass input jacks along with the guitar inputs.
Rig
Fender 09 Standard Strat>Wilson Ten Spot II Wah>Boss DS-2 Turbo Distortion>EHX Big Muff Pi>Boss CE-2 Chorus>Crate V32 Palomino 212
Fender Deluxe Active Jazz Bass>(Same Pedals)>AcousticB20

Quote by WtrPlyr
I'm with DeltaFunk
That will work fine the only thing that might happen on some of themis they will lose the bass's low frequencies.
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul
fuzz, overdrive, distortions, envelop filters, and wahs made for guitars don't often sound too good on bass. Same with really squishy non-transparent compressors and guitar chorus pedals IMO. But most anything else tends to sound pretty good. I have a lot of fun using effects that bass players don't typically use like tremolo and rotary effects.
Quote by DeltaFunk
yeah thast works fine, I've done it myself. Some pedals have Bass input jacks along with the guitar inputs.

Like what pedals?
Quote by brandooon
Buy both pickups. Rub icyhot on both of them. Sandwich your penis between them and walk to the nearest homeless shelter with your brand new icyhot penis sandwich.
Quote by Woogles
Like what pedals?

Well some Boss pedals, like the BF-3 Flanger, AW-3 Dynamic Wah, and some others (don't remember exactly which ones)
Rig
Fender 09 Standard Strat>Wilson Ten Spot II Wah>Boss DS-2 Turbo Distortion>EHX Big Muff Pi>Boss CE-2 Chorus>Crate V32 Palomino 212
Fender Deluxe Active Jazz Bass>(Same Pedals)>AcousticB20

Quote by WtrPlyr
I'm with DeltaFunk
yeah man its cool. I used my brothers Gov distortion pedal at a show once. My god for my crappy amp it sounded godly.
Quote by metalcore123
I hate trying to cover up my cheese in school because the bimbo next to me dislikes the smell of pure love.

I'm bringing farts back!
I try to avoid pedals because no matter what companys say about true bypass and not taking your sound away, I find some tone does get sucked out whatever pedals I use - even tuners. I like my sound as organic as possible; the best tones comes from the fingers and strings.
You can't comment on gear until you have tried it!
Quote by Stan_da_man
I try to avoid pedals because no matter what companys say about true bypass and not taking your sound away, I find some tone does get sucked out whatever pedals I use - even tuners. I like my sound as organic as possible; the best tones comes from the fingers and strings.

And it's all in your head (regarding the bypass). If you were asked to A/B an effect on true bypass and a bit of cable, you would not be able to tell the difference.
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
The FAQ covers this and was written to put a stop to these threads.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
Quote by gm jack
And it's all in your head (regarding the bypass). If you were asked to A/B an effect on true bypass and a bit of cable, you would not be able to tell the difference.

If your ears worked still.
You can't comment on gear until you have tried it!
if you wanna have a good bass tone using guitar fuzz's etc. you have to have the clean tone running clean underneath whether by biamping or using something that can blend 2 signals to one output (micro mixer comes to mind)
Gear:
Washburn RB2500 (5 String)
Yamaha BB400 Fretless (1981)
Carlo Giordano 3/4 Upright (White)
Cort Action 4 (Stereo-fied)
Orange Bass Terror 500
Orange 1x15 Cab
Boss GT-6 Bass Multi-effects
Quote by Stan_da_man
If your ears worked still.

Until you have a massive chain of true bypass pedals, running through a thinner cable for a few inches isn't going to make a difference.
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
Yes, you may use guitar pedals with a Bass,

as it is only processing the signal.

guitar speakers cant handle the lower notes, a guitar head can amplify a bass safely if run into spefically bass designed speakers.

and personally, I prefer the sound of guitar effects.

And I really wanna try get a really clean guitar head, and run it through my hartke cabs

and btw, Guitar can run through bass head and speakers fine, unless they have a boost pedal and boost it to an extreme, which isn't good for any amp

and I'm not 100% sure, but could a guitar to bass head to Guitar cab be safe?
"Whats that noise??"

"... Jazz"
Quote by thefitz
The FAQ covers this and was written to put a stop to these threads.

If your first whinning bitch against this thread failed, what makes you think your second one will do anything?
That was my only comment in this thread this far, so you can suck a fart out of my asshole. And the comment was directed at you, to stop being an idiot, and have some respect for the forum you just joined - you know, play by it's rules. And now you've found yourself in a verbal confrontation with me, which is much, much stupider than not being able to count to one, and just as stupid as you thinking you're the first to ask this. If you plan on enjoying a lengthy stay in this forum, you better conjure up a whole fuckload of respect for this forum, it's rules, and it's members.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
Last edited by thefitz at Nov 7, 2008,