Ok, I have a Marshall VS30R, a 30 watt solid state, and I like it alot. I went to my local guitar shop yesterday and they have the Crate V18 212 for only $150, All tube, it looks nice. I was thinking about selling the marshall to get the Crate, but I don't know anything about the Crate, or how much I could sell my Marshall for. How loud would the Crate be compared to the Marshall? Sound Quality? What do you guys think?
The crate is FAR superior to your Marshall. Pick it up.
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
i'd check it... but 150 seems kinda cheap... make sure it's not fake, than buy it.
Quote by Moggan13
Serjem is like a Bishops testicals: Swollen
ಠ_ಠ
IIIIfb * KARKOLI * ytIIII(mostly rock... a little funky, a little hard just the way you want it )
Quote by Serjem
i'd check it... but 150 seems kinda cheap... make sure it's not fake, than buy it.

The crate V series is on blowout, right now.
Usually I see $200 for this amp, but $150 is still plausible.

I have a biased opinion since I have a crate V100H in the mail right now, but I'd say get you one! That value just can't be beat.
I dont think the Crate is that great yes its tube, but why do you think there selling so cheap.
Get a flextone ll, better amp in all respects.
Quote by THEKID546
I dont think the Crate is that great yes its tube, but why do you think there selling so cheap.
Get a flextone ll, better amp in all respects.

Have you played one?
They have awesome tone for the price.

They're selling so cheap because Crate has discontinued them and is clearing stock.
^yes i guese for 150 its a price you cant really bitch about the price for a tube amp, and yes i have there pretty descent. Hell now that i think about it i just played that REBEL again yesterday and to tell you the truth for 150 compared to that thing it is pretty damn good.

If you do get one dont cheap out on a good Overdrive or DS pedal.
and then your set.
Last edited by THEKID546 at Oct 31, 2008,
Quote by THEKID546
^yes i guese for 150 its a price you cant really bitch about the price for a tube amp, and yes i have there pretty descent. Hell now that i think about it i just played that REBEL again yesterday and to tell you the truth for 150 compared to that thing it is pretty damn good.

If you do get one dont cheap out on a good Overdrive or DS pedal.
and then your set.

Yeah, I was finding it hard to believe taht for $150 you thought it would be bad. hehe
I admit, it's no ENGL Screamer, but it more than gets you your money worth.

Yeah, and I will second the good OD or DS, the gain knob doesn't take you too far

Edit:
I will also add that I tried the 50W combo, which uses 6L6 tubes, while the rest of the series uses EL34, so I don't know how big a tonal change my experience had.
I'll let you know about the EL34's though, because I bought the V100h (not for the wattage, I bought it for the extra inputs and the ohm rating to match my cab, otherwise I would have gotten the V50 for the 6L6's) and that has EL34's.
Last edited by -Collapse- at Oct 31, 2008,