I wanna get into blues/jazz, cuz I'm ****ing sick of metal, reccomend me some cool stuff!

uplifting ones, not those sad type of blues/jazz.
Last edited by NKF176 at Oct 31, 2008,
Hi.

I appreciate what you are saying and all, but could you please use the suggested artist threads. Like most genres, it is so varied that this thread is pretty much pointless. Why don't you find some music that YOU like, and then ask people for similar stuff?

Gus

MONSTAEDIT:

You seem a little bit trigger happy with making threads...
Last edited by ze monsta at Oct 31, 2008,
robert johnson, bb king, srv, eric clapton, jimi hendrix, son house, rory gallagher
Deacon of Zeppelinism PM TheHeartbreaker to join
speed demon of the UG Jeepers
Member of the Neutral Milk Hotel club PM Hamish5178 to join~
O damn where to start.......

Acoustic: Robert Johnson, Son House, Keb Mo, Clapton did some good stuff.....

Electric- Albert King, BB King, Buddy Guy, Eric Clapton(try Derek and the Dominoes and John Mayall), Kenny Wayne Shepard, Muddy Waters, SRV.... I just went down the line and found my favorites.
meh
Seeing you have edited your first post and want something jolly. I feel inclined to help you.
However I feel that blues isn't a sad music. It's a music to make you feel better, not worse. Anyone that tells you otherwise is a fool. "Blues" has been sung for almost a century, to make those feeling blue, better.

Stevie Ray, Albert King, Freddie King, BB King, Eric Clapton, Muddy Waters, Canned Heat, Howlin' Wolf, Magic Sam, Guitar Slim, John Mayall's Bluesbreakers, Derek Trucks, Peter Green, Keb' Mo, Buddy Guy, Joe Bonamassa, Johnny Winter, The Black Keys, John Lee Hooker.

MONSTA EDIT:

Most importantly... (imo)
Mr David Viner.

Christened Mr by John Lee Hooker.
Last edited by ze monsta at Oct 31, 2008,
Quote by ze monsta
^ BOOKER.
The man's god damned name was Booker. Bukka was a racial slur made by the record company.

There is lots of stuff I could recommend, but it would literally be throwing you in at the deep end.

Actually, it was misspelled at one of his recording sessions and kind of stuck. I'd like to see you try and buy an album by Booker White, all of his recordings are under the name Bukka White, smartarse.
Quote by SlackerBabbath
Brilliant...
Quote by ze monsta
It was assumed by the record company that his name was spelt Bukka. He was christened Booker. His name is Booker.

I know, but it would be rather pointless to send someone off to a shop looking for a CD by Booker White, as no such thing exists. Anyway laddie, don't tell me about Bukka White, he's my favourite guitarist, I've even done a tribute to him called Fixin' To Live in my mp3s.
Quote by SlackerBabbath
Brilliant...
B.B King, Muddy Water's, Robert Johnson, Eric Clapton, Stevie Ray Vaughan and Jimi Hendrix are a couple of my favourite's.
Get "Damn Right I Got the Blues" by Buddy Guy. Also, get anything by Derek Trucks. He is not 100% blues, but his slide playing is beyond compare. I also like Tab Benoit. He is not the best blues guitar player, but he puts everything into his playing (and records everything live). Also, he is a great singer!!! Iam Moore is a nice crossover guy. His self titled album, and "Modernday Folklore" albums are a lesson in songwriting. Also, Robert Cray has got to be one of my favs. "Shame and a Sin" and "Some Rainy Morning" are wonderful. Good luck. Thanks for opening up your mind to other genres. We should all be so open to new music!
read the goddam stickies mother****er
Last.fm

Fender Deluxe Players Strat > Big Muff > LPB-1 > Moog Ring Mod > MXR Dynacomp > MXR Phase 90 '74 > Fender Hot Rod 410 (soon)
Couldn't Stand The Weather by SRV is essential

Its got fast blues, slow blues, jazzy blues, and a Hendrix tune. Its a good a place as any to get into the blues
There is a sticky for suggested listening.
On vacation from modding = don't pm me with your pish