So, I just got fired from my job on london (well 2 days ago), the financial crisis it's real for me :P

As i got some money, and the plane back to my country (chile) It's just on 10 december, I decided to make a trip to all europe as a backpacker starting... on sunday, i already got the bus to paris

It's a really fast decision, I'm buying this "eurorail" ticket that let me travel on all the trains of europe for 1 month (500~ euros) And right now I'm planning my trip

My main road right now is, Paris-bruges-bruxxeles-amsterdam(drug paradise)...

Then i want to cross, Idk how to Berlin-Praga-Munich
Probably taking a night train towards Rome, and then go up on italy, and back to france pass by monaco etc... etc...

The only thing, that i have only like 3 days to try to make a decent plan, before just grabbing my backpack! (i'm gonna be on paris 4 days until the pass will arrive from chile thry fedex)

Maybe anyone here has a recomendation, or had done something similar?
Places that i MUST go, who knows

I was planning to work on london until 10 december, but as i lost my job, this sounds quite a fun way on wasting all the money i just won
Since 2002 using UG. This page teached me how to play guitar and help'd me to embrace the passion of my life: Music.
Do it, it sounds cool. make sure you pick up some lonely planet guides or something to help you though.
go and see prague and wien or what is it called.... awsome places and not too far away
Quote by Moggan13
Serjem is like a Bishops testicals: Swollen
ಠ_ಠ
IIIIfb * KARKOLI * ytIIII(mostly rock... a little funky, a little hard just the way you want it )
Quote by Serjem
go and see prague and wien or what is it called.... awsome places and not too far away

Vienna...sheesh

Some people...

...just jokin, don't take it personally
Quote by RoamingConflict
This one dream involved me, one random girl, midgets and a pie.

...and midgets ended up f*cking her. I got the pie.

Sounds pretty cool. Take photos.

Play a Cort ?

Play with V-Picks ?

Every minute is to be Grasped........................................................................Time waits for nobody.

Yeah I'm gonna take photos, thousands of them, already got thousands of london

I'm just hoping that the trains would not be full on this time of the year? As there a lot of places that says that the long trains are better to do a reservation, and as you can see, this is very rush... Yeah vienna, i forgot vienna!
Since 2002 using UG. This page teached me how to play guitar and help'd me to embrace the passion of my life: Music.
Quote by BloodMoon666
Vienna...sheesh

Some people...

...just jokin, don't take it personally

yeah i know i ****ed up, it's cause in our country (slovenia) we call that place "Dunaj" and it's totally different from vienna, so it's kinda hard for me to remember D:lol
Quote by Moggan13
Serjem is like a Bishops testicals: Swollen
ಠ_ಠ
IIIIfb * KARKOLI * ytIIII(mostly rock... a little funky, a little hard just the way you want it )
I'm doing this next year. I take it you're over 25 btw?

I plan to do norway-normandy (france)-venice-britain. Stop by in switzerland, too.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by Serjem

come on, advertise your country a bit

come to slovenia!
I can guide you around and get you drunk in ljubljana!
Last edited by seljer at Oct 31, 2008,
21, I'm 21 man

I'm also on a big dillema.

I was with a lot of my stuff on london, a big BIG backpack, and my guitar.

I know some poeple that live on paris, so they are going to let me put some of my stuff on their house as I'm doing my trip

I'm not sure If bringing my guitar or not! I think it could be a big impediment, but also very sad to not have it with me...

Well I have to start to see what i'm going to take, and what not, guitar included...
I must admit i'm really nervous, but afterall maybe it was good losing my job
Quote by tiky
So, I just got fired from my job on london (well 2 days ago), the financial crisis it's real for me :P

As i got some money, and the plane back to my country (chile) It's just on 10 december, I decided to make a trip to all europe as a backpacker starting... on sunday, i already got the bus to paris

It's a really fast decision, I'm buying this "eurorail" ticket that let me travel on all the trains of europe for 1 month (500~ euros) And right now I'm planning my trip

My main road right now is, Paris-bruges-bruxxeles-amsterdam(drug paradise)...

Then i want to cross, Idk how to Berlin-Praga-Munich
Probably taking a night train towards Rome, and then go up on italy, and back to france pass by monaco etc... etc...

The only thing, that i have only like 3 days to try to make a decent plan, before just grabbing my backpack! (i'm gonna be on paris 4 days until the pass will arrive from chile thry fedex)

Maybe anyone here has a recomendation, or had done something similar?
Places that i MUST go, who knows

I was planning to work on london until 10 december, but as i lost my job, this sounds quite a fun way on wasting all the money i just won
While you're there try and pick up some grammar in that backpack.

On a nicer note, I did that this summer. I highly suggest the route you;ve already picked out. I have one addition though, go to Barcelona and some of Spain. Beautiful place and the locals know how to party. If you go to Italy skip Venice and go straight to Rome or Florence. Venice is immensely confusing and it doesn;t have that much to do besides museums and boring shit like that. go to Prague too, it's an awesome place with tons of amazing scenery and people.

Don't worry too much about locals in big cities because there will always be a big group of American or British students that will be either fun to hang out with or they'll be preyed upon by the locals before you.
I thought this would be about the shit film.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
yea man, who ever doesnt like pantera or think they suck doesnt like metal, end of discussion, they changed the freakin world n made history, so don't be sayin they suck, have respect, same goes for machine head n lamb of god cuz their good too
^that movie is awesome!!!

Don't buy the Interrail ticket, you'll have to pay reservation fee and other fees on every train, you can't travel for free with it!
I don't know what other option you'd have though..

Also, go to Hamburg, I heard it's a really cool city!
And if you've had enough of cities, come to Switzerland, we already have snow in the alps!
Quote by tiky
21, I'm 21 man

That's odd, with interrail people under 25 pay some £295 for a one-month backpackers card
Well my grammar in english is not perfect, but i know how to speak it 100%

I'm not getting the Interrail because I can't apply for it, You have to be at least 6 month living on europe, and i have just been 3 months.

Instead of that I'm getting the "Eurail Pass" that is for people of overseas (that's when my chilean passport works, and I hide the german one) So maybe the eurail pass is more expensive...

I'm really curious about the fee's and reservation i have to do for the night trains & fast trains, I've researched a lot, so just by more fees it would even be more expensive.
Luckily the money is not a big problem, and i think a complete flexible ticket is the best for my trip, because i'm just going to be planning on the road.
it will just do a difference on how big is going to be the amplifier i will buy back home.

But i'm very afraid of the "reservation" issue, but this is not a peak time of backpackers or travelers, so idk :S (because the trip is starting on 3 days, i'm not going to start doing reservations)

And to the guy that told me that i should go to spain also, i think it just too much for 30 days???
Brugges 1-2 days
Amsterdam 2-3 even 4 days If i met some nice people to try somethings ^^
Any city of connection, probably hamburg 1 day
berlin 2 days
Conection city 1 day
Praga 2 days
Munchen, enough days too see BAYERN on the alliance arena :') (2-3 days)
Night train
Roma 2-3-days
Firenze (Florencia) 1-2 days

Nice to start no? Need help i think in between cities or after firenze

Quote by tiky
Well my grammar in english is not perfect, but i know how to speak it 100%

I'm not getting the Interrail because I can't apply for it, You have to be at least 6 month living on europe, and i have just been 3 months.

Instead of that I'm getting the "Eurail Pass" that is for people of overseas (that's when my chilean passport works, and I hide the german one) So maybe the eurail pass is more expensive...

I'm really curious about the fee's and reservation i have to do for the night trains & fast trains, I've researched a lot, so just by more fees it would even be more expensive.
Luckily the money is not a big problem, and i think a complete flexible ticket is the best for my trip, because i'm just going to be planning on the road.
it will just do a difference on how big is going to be the amplifier i will buy back home.

But i'm very afraid of the "reservation" issue, but this is not a peak time of backpackers or travelers, so idk :S (because the trip is starting on 3 days, i'm not going to start doing reservations)

And to the guy that told me that i should go to spain also, i think it just too much for 30 days???
Brugges 1-2 days
Amsterdam 2-3 even 4 days If i met some nice people to try somethings ^^
Any city of connection, probably hamburg 1 day
berlin 2 days
Conection city 1 day
Praga 2 days
Munchen, enough days too see BAYERN on the alliance arena :') (2-3 days)
Night train
Roma 2-3-days
Firenze (Florencia) 1-2 days

Nice to start no? Need help i think in between cities or after firenze

Where the hell is brugges?

Get the Eurail pass, theres no reservations, you just get on the train that you need. Save money on rooms by taking night trains and sleeping on the train.
Quote by 3rdWardSoldier
Where the hell is brugges?

Get the Eurail pass, theres no reservations, you just get on the train that you need. Save money on rooms by taking night trains and sleeping on the train.

brugge, Brujas in spanish, AMAZING city near bruxelles, on belgium

Yeah, I'm getting the eurail, It's cheaper to buy it on chile (odd really odd) So i just transfered the money to my father he's gonna buy it, and send me thru fedex to france.

So i still have until thursday to plan, before getting the Eurail...

And Im arriving to paris arround 6:00am so I should find a nice hostal in meantime
sounds like an awesome idea have fun!
as far as tips gooo
eat 2 minute noodles
Pull my finger

Quote by Explicit User

"Kyle.. Do you know what homosex is?"
me:"...yes... why?"
"Do you want to have it?"
Me again:"...no Anthony..no i don't"
"Oh.. okay.. good night"

haha

Quote by madhampster
Dear god the pit is a force to be reckoned with.
i had eaten a lof of 2 minutes noodles in london xD!
Go to mont st michel in northern france, it's pretty much on your way out of britain.
Just a warning. The prices in Paris are ridiculously high so try to find a place to crash on a backpackers website. My dad spent two days there on a business trip, and all he ate was sandwiches because he couldn't even afford ordinary dishes in ordinary restaurants.
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

Go to www.hihostels.com for hostels. If you become a member you get a discount on some hostels.
Fww urik, I'm from chile man, you are in argentina (sorry for winning you on the football, let's see how maradona will do it) You don't imagine how expensive is europe (and also how much you win on europe!)

And to kensai, I'm starting tomorrow night on eurolines direct to paris.

I will just get my eurail ticket arround thursday, so i'm going to stay those 3 days at paris

Any other ideas? After Firenze, i'm thinking about Venezie (sp?) or direct to milan! to see the AC milan!!

I'm starting to feel better after being fired, I don't care about spending all the money I won if this trip goes in the way i'm thinking it! (I just need to find a girl to follow me at the middle of the trip, and it's heaven)
. I can't say that I'm happy with Maradona. He was the greatest football player. But I don't think that he can be a good coach.
Anyway, yeah I know, but at the time we were earning in Euros (his business were in Spain. A website. We used to live in Israel back then), and even though he earned money from Spain it was way too expensive.
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

I've taken a couple of month long interrail trips. Very fun.

Anyway, you've skipped Berlin. I would definitely go there after Amsterdam and before Prague. Berlin is so much fun. Awesome nightlife. Stay at Wombats!

Also, you should see more of Czech Republic than just Prague. Not only does the beer halve in price the second you get out of there, it also tastes better (I swear)! I seriously had the best beer I've ever tasted in a small town called Olomouc. I also visited the Budvar brewery in Czeske Budovice.

After Munich, you could possibly go to both Bratislava and Budapest. Both really interesting, cheap places. I'd recommend a couple of nights in Bratislava (stay at Blues Hostel) and a few nights in Budapest (don't stay at Donati hostel haha!).

If it wasn't November, I'd recommend travelling into Croatia and visiting Split and Hvar, but it's too cold...probably not worth it.

If you're going to Rome (amazing place), you may as well go to Naples as well. Besides which, by the end of the trip you'll be craving a bit of sun. Backpacking in cold weather can get pretty tedious. Naples was nice even in December. If you there, stay at Red Sun Hostel (I think that's what it's called). Owners are really helpful. Great common room. Easy to meet people. The hostel organises events every night. Also, go for a day trip along the Amalfi coast and think about visiting Mt Vesuvius.

Anyway, hope this helps. I'm envious. I did a similar trip about a year ago.
Quote by agreth_3rd
I've taken a couple of month long interrail trips. Very fun.

Anyway, you've skipped Berlin. I would definitely go there after Amsterdam and before Prague. Berlin is so much fun. Awesome nightlife. Stay at Wombats!

Also, you should see more of Czech Republic than just Prague. Not only does the beer halve in price the second you get out of there, it also tastes better (I swear)! I seriously had the best beer I've ever tasted in a small town called Olomouc. I also visited the Budvar brewery in Czeske Budovice.

After Munich, you could possibly go to both Bratislava and Budapest. Both really interesting, cheap places. I'd recommend a couple of nights in Bratislava (stay at Blues Hostel) and a few nights in Budapest (don't stay at Donati hostel haha!).

If it wasn't November, I'd recommend travelling into Croatia and visiting Split and Hvar, but it's too cold...probably not worth it.

If you're going to Rome (amazing place), you may as well go to Naples as well. Besides which, by the end of the trip you'll be craving a bit of sun. Backpacking in cold weather can get pretty tedious. Naples was nice even in December. If you there, stay at Red Sun Hostel (I think that's what it's called). Owners are really helpful. Great common room. Easy to meet people. The hostel organises events every night. Also, go for a day trip along the Amalfi coast and think about visiting Mt Vesuvius.

Anyway, hope this helps. I'm envious. I did a similar trip about a year ago.

Ok, that was a great message....

I can't believe i didn't wrote berlin on here!! YES I MUST go to berlin, i even have family on there, it's written on my plan, and i just forgot it on here.

The problem of czech republic is that for some reason, the eurail pass don't work on there, that's why I'm just going to praga (after berlin) as it's the famous place, and i had one friend that went there, showed my pictures some years ago and I really wanna go!

Man, that was great post
With or without guitar???????
Remember this time of the year is also very cold, and well being winter my backpack would be more heavy as having to bring more heavy clothes...
This reminds me of the film Eurotrip:

just dont get in a train carriage with any greasy italians "excusey"
"You're a twat!"- That dude in morrisons

"You Ugly git!" - That girl in the restaurant

"You Were a Mistake!" - Mum

just a few of my fans..

Well I think i will do it without guitar...

Im shutting down my pc, leaving in a house of someone i know on paris, and let's travel! whoho!
go to viareggio in italy and go to the priate bar at the beach its awesome