Hey guys,

I've got a nasty virus on my PC at the minute and am considering reformatting it. However I have 30gig of songs that I would like to keep and so thinking about moving them on to a portalbly 80gig external hard drive. Is there any way I can make sure the virus dosen't get on the Hard drive during the process?

Mark
You gonna bark all day little doggie?
Scan all the song files, make sure none of them are infected or anything
then just copy and paste the song files over
Gibson Les Paul Custom Black Beauty
Tokai LC53 Les Paul Custom
Tokai ALS48 Love Rock Les Paul Standard
Marshall DSL-50 Head
Marshall 1936 2x12 Cabinet
If you know about reformatting, how do you not know about a virus scan?
0.o
Odd methinks.
meh
Viruses are usually embedded in a program folder or system folder. Your documents should be fine but scan it just in case.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by ZackyJW83
If you know about reformatting, how do you not know about a virus scan?
0.o
Odd methinks.

I'm not asking how to do a virus scan. I'm asking wether or not its possible for the virus to run or embed itself on a removable drive. Thanks to everyone else for the resposes.
teh pr0n's a helluva drug

Yes, you can remove a virus on a removable drive, you need to have a good virus scanner or whatever, and it'll give you the filepath, my brother does it all the time, but you go into the filepath and delete it somehow. Which is weird because whenever I try to delete a bad file, it won't let me, ya know? But he does it all the time. So yes, it is possible.
Amps
Mesa Dual Recto 3 Ch
Peavey 6505 Combo

Cab
ENGL E212VH Cab

Guitars
Epi Explorer
Schecter Damien 6
Squier Strat (signed by Rob Zombie!)

Pedals
ISP Decimator
Dunlop Crybaby Original
Boss CE-5 Chorus Ensenble
Boss GE-7 Equalizer
Quote by StillSoundRG

Yes, you can remove a virus on a removable drive, you need to have a good virus scanner or whatever, and it'll give you the filepath, my brother does it all the time, but you go into the filepath and delete it somehow. Which is weird because whenever I try to delete a bad file, it won't let me, ya know? But he does it all the time. So yes, it is possible.

Hehehe I don't think its prOn...................... but ya nevefr know. Yeah I know if you run the command prompt and look at all .exes running you can isolate and stop them. To be honest I'm just wary that the virus may get to my laptop with all my uni work on it which I can't afford to loose!
Quote by StillSoundRG

we don't want to imagine your brother watching teh pr0nz...

STEAM: beachhhhhhhh

Quote by cornmancer
Please daddy, just for one hour.
- save your documents and the like to an external harddrive
- format your computer
- get yourself an antivirus program!
- get your documents your back
dont reformat anyhhting,,,

download Avast! and try that out, if it dosn't get rid of the virus i will cut all my hair (down there ) off ;-) (Make sure you run a scan)

EDIT: Stop looking @ p0rn