Hi.

I have a RG 550EX, i do not know the exact year it was produced, as i bought it second hand. The guitar is in great shape, plays like a dream and the Edge trem is amazingly good at keeping it in tune, even after some serious abuse. Its the original Edge trem, the one that you have to cut the ball end of the strings, not the newer lo/pro ones. So my question is, would an Oficial Floyd Rose fit into the Edge cavity? They are suposed to be very similar, so i supose there should be no problems, but still, im wondering...
Joža je kul. On ma sirove z dodatki pa hambije.
its an original edge not an edge pro
but i think the edge feels like the best trem made
my Jacksons OFR feels tacky compared to my RG570EX's Edge trem
don't swap it out mate, if you look after it you won't ever need to.
I thought the OFRs were the best trems around... Also, hows with the wear and tear of the Edge? Im mainly thinking knife edges and posts. This is actualy my first guitar with a floyd rose-like system, so forgive me if im being a bit over-concerned, but my friends Edge III barely holds tune after 3 divebombs.
Joža je kul. On ma sirove z dodatki pa hambije.
edge> OFR

it was designed to be better than the OFR
bigger sustain block
better made imo
fine tuners further back etc
The original Edge trem is phenomenal. It's as good (if not better than) an OFR. The EDGE III on the other hand is made of suck.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by metallica92
edge> OFR

it was designed to be better than the OFR
bigger sustain block
better made imo
fine tuners further back etc

It's also made out of the worst metal known to man
Quote by Demonazzz
I prefer barbed wire strings. I find I can get the most br00t41 tonez with it.
Quote by lokster
It's also made out of the worst metal known to man

what?
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.