Ok, i`ve had my BC Rich on order for 3 months now, it`s still not in, i`m getting pissed off since it`s a $1000 guitar and i don`t have my money OR the guitar. so......

The BCR in question is the Kerry King Signature V

Specs:

Maple body
Maple Neck thru
EMG 81/85
Ebony fret board
PA2 gain booster
Kahler Hybrid trem bridge

Now the jackson i`m looking at is the RR 24 Rhoads

Specs:

Alder Body
Maple neck thru
Ebony fret board
EMG 81
Floyed Rose bridge FRT 0200

a PA 2 would be installed after i got it, if i pick this guitar.

Price range i think both guitars are about the same the jackson being maybe a touch more. i LOVE BC Rich guitars i`ve own 3 already but it`s taking forever to get to me so i`m try to expaned my view to Jackson, even though i don`t like the neck i`m sure i could get used to it.

so just wonder pro and cons of these guitars. which one according to UG i should really consider getting.
Jackson all the way,I've played some Jacksons and some BC's. Jackson owns them hands down.
Ibanez RGA 8 (Dimarzio D Activator 8)->Rocktron Hush->Engl E530 preamp->Marshall 9200 poweramp->Marshall 4x12 closed back cab w/ G12t75's
funny thing, i disagree with K!nj!, ive played some jacksons worth upwards of £1000 so about $1500 ish, and i have to say I havent liked the feel of them, primarily because of the necks. I own a platinum warlock and I recently bought a WMD warbeast, and they havent given me any major problems, if anything i prefer the feel of my cheaper platinum warlock to the WMD, and ive been told the same by quite a few guitarists. Go with what you know best, if you dont like the neck, dont go for it. For me $1000 plus is pretty expensive and its best to be totally sure. if ure into metal you could try ESP as well if shape is not a massive factor
I own a usa select series jackson, nice axe. I've played bc's and high end esp's. they all have their good and bad points.

Call Carvin and let them build you what you want.

Edit: I know your money is gone so have your dealer call them. They do serious quality guitars, and will build just about anything.
Last edited by Sin City Sid at Oct 31, 2008,
Well, the BC Rich is more versatile than the RR, in that it has two pickups, plus it has the PA2.
Only downside is, maple bodied guitars are heavy. I have a maple body BC Rich, and it weighs a good 15 lbs.
7-String Legion
Quote by TheJem
Justice4AllOne pretty much mentioned all of my ideas so yeah...pointless pun post.

Quote by MightySumo
Thanks fer settin me straight on that Justice

Quote by oneblackened
I was thinking that too, Justice usually seems like a pretty knowledgeable guy.
well honestly i`d get a ESP/LTD but i can`t because my dealer doesn`t carry them, ESP diddn`t want anymore canadain dealers so there out, i picked jackson since they do carry jackson, and that RR 24 is very close.. (on paper) to my nephews ESP LTD Alexi 600 and i really like my nephews guitar.
To be honest, you should return the BC Rich and get something with similar specs to it, but different. Because the KKV > RR24. You should at least get something with EMG-81/85, instead of just EMG-81.
7-String Legion
Quote by TheJem
Justice4AllOne pretty much mentioned all of my ideas so yeah...pointless pun post.

Quote by MightySumo
Thanks fer settin me straight on that Justice

Quote by oneblackened
I was thinking that too, Justice usually seems like a pretty knowledgeable guy.
well the Kahler was a big selling point for the KKV, i played a KKW bolt on with a Kahler X trem and the Kahler was AWESOME, it`s so light the strings stay the same hieght all the time because the bridge itself doesn`t move, it has brass rollers for the strings to ride on, i REALLY like the kahler, and i could be wrong but i`d think the kahler would have better sustain because there isn`t a huge hole in the back of the guitar like with a Floyd.

I`m not too worryed about having one pickup either since i RARELY ever switch to the neck pickup, only on the clean for Seasons in the Abyss really. i`ve read some stuff on the internet about the Kerry King Wartribe which is basicly the same guitar as the V i`m getting and i`ve heard nothing but good things about them, seems like the high end Kerry King signature guitars are the only ones people don`t hate on.

With the Jackson i`ve played a USA RR1, OMG it was such a NICE guitar, but it was $2000 and i woulda had to buy EMG pickups for it to replace the Duncans.

Can anyone tell me if either the KKV or the RR 24 is neck heavy, i`m used to it since all my guitars are even my nephews LTD EX 400 and Alexi 600 are. but it`d be really nice if my new guitar wasn`t which ever that one maybe.

gotta say i really though the Jackson was gonna win by a land slide just because i noticed alot of BC Rich haters on this board, for some reason, i really don`t know why, there awesome guitars.
If you have a couple of other guitars to play in the meantime, I'd say hold out for your original choice. I have no hate for Jacksons, but the necks are much thinner than the BCR neck. If you like that feel, cool. But if you are used to the slightly thicker BCR neck, it may feel weird to you. It did to me.
Well... If youve tried both out, then you would know the answer. Its all about personal feel man. Ive played just about every brand out there starting with a Squier, working through an SG, and once I got serious and knew my likes and dislikes of various guitars, I got more objective with what I wanted. I played the Zakk Wylde LP Custom - which is like Gibson's God of guitars- But just liked the RR1 I played, and currently own, alot more.

Dont piss with the RR24, got for a 3 or a 1. But Jackson hands down.
the RR5FR is really a really good guitar it's neck was a selling point for me because it's jackson's compound radius neck which flattens out by the neck pocket.
ESP LTD F-414FM
ESP LTD F-415FM
ESP LTD B5-E
Ibanez SRX355
Ibanez SRA505
Ibanez BTB775PB
SWR 750X
SWR Megoliath 8x10 Cab
Go with the jackson. the bc rich is a double threat since most bc rich and signatures suck.
I would get the BC, Jackson necks are awful IMO and they're one of the most overrated brands around. Hell, I'd take an Ibanez over a Jackson in most instances.
^Epic Fail. Jackson of course should be your choice, much MUCH greater value for money and better quality craftsmanship etc etc etc......
TESTAMENT, SCAR SYMMETRY......SELF EXPLANATORY

ALEX SKOLNICK, PER NILSSON........ADULATION MANDATORY

Gear: JACKSON RR3

Member#25 of the IRON MAIDEN ARE GODS CLUB. PM Revelations to Join
Quote by breakstuff
^Epic Fail. Jackson of course should be your choice, much MUCH greater value for money and better quality craftsmanship etc etc etc......

You've owned nothing but Jacksons. You can't really give an unbiased opinion.
I think Jackson makes one of the nicest necks out there, but I think mine is a really good one, I have played other soloists that didn't feel the same. Some Ibanez are sweet as well. Never played a BC that blew me away and was a must have, but I have only played a few.
Quote by Horlicks
You've owned nothing but Jacksons. You can't really give an unbiased opinion.

How the hell would you know?? Just because I have an RR3 that doesn't mean I didn't have other guitars before it.

I owned an Ibanez RG321MH which has a very sweet neck but the RR3's neck is much better. Not to mention the Les Pauls, Stratocasters, Washburns etc that I have played and the result is Jackson owns all.
TESTAMENT, SCAR SYMMETRY......SELF EXPLANATORY

ALEX SKOLNICK, PER NILSSON........ADULATION MANDATORY

Gear: JACKSON RR3

Member#25 of the IRON MAIDEN ARE GODS CLUB. PM Revelations to Join
Jackson. Kahlers are awe full IMO. U cant do bends without the strings loosing their tune.
Gear:
Morpheus Droptune
Ibanez Weeping Demon
Bugera 333xl 212
SCHECTER JEFF LOOMIS C7 FR
The Jackson

hands DOWN.

On top of Jackson being ****ing Jackson I've heard a lot of bad things about that signature V.
-----
Currently using:
B.C. Rich NJ Deluxe Jr. V
B.C. Rich Revenge Warlock
Bugera 6262 212 120 Watt amp :

Coming soon:
B.C. Rich Pro X Mockingbird Hardtail