Okay, tomorrow is new guitar day! And... I dont know what to buy! The shop that is closest to me, Westside, only stocks fenders, vintage, dean and some other makes ... but no gibsons or epiphones so... unfortunately i cannot try out a SG, which sucks!

I play in a hard rock band (serpico, black stone cherry kinda style) so my guitar must sound quite powerful and kickass!

These are the three main guitars I want:

Epiphone Les Paul Standard (ebony)
Epiphone SG G400 Three Pickup (ivory)
Fender Standard MiM Stratocaster (white)

Opinions?
Fender Jaguar 1994
Gibson Thunderbird

Fender Hot Rod Devile 4x12

Zvex Fuzz Factory
EHX Big Muff
Zvex Box of Rock
Joyo Tremolo
Digitech Whammy
EHX Cathedral
Boss DD3
Boss TU3
this is not a new guitar day thread you title is misleading
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
The 2 best colours EVER pitted against each other? No wai!

I voted lime.

Quote by SeveralSpecies
btw lime kicked ass

Member of the Bass Militia PM Nutter_101 to join
Team Lime Green!
Personally from those I'd pick the strat, although if you want a 22nd fret get the Les Paul. I wouldn't get the SG, but then again my picking style and 3-humbucker guitars hate each other.

Also, change the topic title. It's not a new guitar day thread, it's a decision help thread like we all make occasionally.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 73-78
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 2-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 24-7
Quote by alternitivebass
this is not a new guitar day thread you title is misleading

clever?
Fender Jaguar 1994
Gibson Thunderbird

Zvex Fuzz Factory
EHX Big Muff
Zvex Box of Rock
Joyo Tremolo
Digitech Whammy
EHX Cathedral
Boss DD3
Boss TU3
plus: why is tomorrow new guitar day if you dont know what (or whether) you're getting (a guitar)?

Whodicted

Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
france is laaaaame

Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
Quote by necrosis1193
Personally from those I'd pick the strat, although if you want a 22nd fret get the Les Paul. I wouldn't get the SG, but then again my picking style and 3-humbucker guitars hate each other.

actually... you have made a good point about tht... i never thought of the third pickup getting in the way of my picking...
Fender Jaguar 1994
Gibson Thunderbird

Zvex Fuzz Factory
EHX Big Muff
Zvex Box of Rock
Joyo Tremolo
Digitech Whammy
EHX Cathedral
Boss DD3
Boss TU3
Quote by hendriko
plus: why is tomorrow new guitar day if you dont know what (or whether) you're getting (a guitar)?

i am getting a guitar tomorrow just dont know what yet
Fender Jaguar 1994
Gibson Thunderbird

Zvex Fuzz Factory
EHX Big Muff
Zvex Box of Rock
Joyo Tremolo
Digitech Whammy
EHX Cathedral
Boss DD3
Boss TU3
Quote by GangsterLi
clever?

no annoying i was expecting a beautiful guitar and now i have to wait until tom!!
My Gear:
Jackson DK2M
PRS Paul Allender Sig
Epiphone SG Special
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Micro Cube
i'd go with the les paul... i love mine (albeit it's a gibson) but they still are totally solid guitars with great tone and feel to them. they definately will be able to rock the house down. Sounds to me like a Strat wouldn't be beefy enough for you. SG's are OK soundwise, but i don't like the feel of them or the way the strap goes into the guitar. It wraps around to the back and does a weird uncomfortable twist. i also don't like how flat they are... hard to explain

i'd definitely say go with a les paul.. you wont regret it... if not les paul, i guess Strat, but no... get a les paul
My Guitars:
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Epiphone AJ
Ibanez Strat Copy

Amps:
Orange Tiny Terror Head
Old beaten up Peavey cab
Marshall MG30DFX
Quote by gstacey1
no annoying i was expecting a beautiful guitar and now i have to wait until tom!!

sorry dude... i will show you tomorrow :P
Fender Jaguar 1994
Gibson Thunderbird

Zvex Fuzz Factory
EHX Big Muff
Zvex Box of Rock
Joyo Tremolo
Digitech Whammy
EHX Cathedral
Boss DD3
Boss TU3
Guys, rather than chew him out for being an idiot with the topic title, how about we just tell him what we think like I did in my last post so this can be closed or deleted since the question is answered and we can be on our way?

Quote by FightinIrishPJ
i'd go with the les paul... i love mine (albeit it's a gibson) but they still are totally solid guitars with great tone and feel to them. they definately will be able to rock the house down. Sounds to me like a Strat wouldn't be beefy enough for you. SG's are OK soundwise, but i don't like the feel of them or the way the strap goes into the guitar. It wraps around to the back and does a weird uncomfortable twist. i also don't like how flat they are... hard to explain

i'd definitely say go with a les paul.. you wont regret it... if not les paul, i guess Strat, but no... get a les paul

you have convinced me thanks dude
Fender Jaguar 1994
Gibson Thunderbird

Zvex Fuzz Factory
EHX Big Muff
Zvex Box of Rock
Joyo Tremolo
Digitech Whammy
EHX Cathedral
Boss DD3
Boss TU3
^Please don't listen to him. I own a strat and a PRS copy(Basically a Les Paul with a different shape and a rib contour), and tbh the strat has a much better tone, from deep and bell-like to bright, snappy and beautiful with a side of distortion, it can give you the power you need, more than a humbucker-humbucker guitar can IMO.

Try em man. Its the best thing you can do. Nobody can tell you what to get. See which one works for you. Personally, i'd go for the Les Paul. But you might feel different after playing them
if you don't know what to get, immediately remove tomorrow as new guitar day. if you rush into a purchase, you're liable to be disappointed.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?