I just bought a brand new Washburn WI66PRO, and i have just noticed that the neck pickup is loose, is this a serious problem?? i am going to ask my teacher on tuesday, but i just wanted to check here if i could do anything..
SIGNATURE
i cant do it with the bridge pickup.. is that how its supposed to be??
SIGNATURE
it's probably just that the screw has come away from the spring. It's nothing to worry about. it happened to my eggle a while back.

actually, in this month's guitarist magazine it told you how to fix it. basically you just take the pickup out (unscrew the screws at the four corners of the pickup ring- you'll probably have to take the strings off unfortunately), then try to put the screw (the two screws in the middle of the pickup ring, one at each side) back inside the spring, you may have to do a little screwing/unscrewing of these screws to get it back in.

it's hard to explain, but very little to it. if you want to see exactly how to do it, take the bridge pickup out, if it's not rocking about, it's should show you what you have to do.

to be honest, unless it's rocking about a lot, or unless it's causing feedback at volume, you could probably just wait until your next string change.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
thx for the replies.. im prolly just gonna wait till tuesday to ask my teacher what to do
SIGNATURE
honestly, there's very little to it, i'm the most idiotic person in the world at diy, and i managed to figure it out myself.

if you'd prefer to wait and show your teacher, though, that's fine, it shouldn't do any harm until then. just you might waste a lesson getting it fixed (or he might just tell you what i told you).

I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
My electric came that way. It's not a big deal, as long as it's still wired into the axe it won't make a difference in the sound, and it'll stay put while you're playing.
Squier Strat (Jazz/JB) - Dunlop Zakk Wylde Crybaby - Boss MIJ HM-2 Distortion - Peavey Valveking 212 - Fender CD60
yeah, you just need to be careful, as if it loosens a lot it might fall out, and also the fact it can rock about could create some feedback at high volumes. it shouldn't do any lasting damage to the guitar though, but it's worth getting fixed if you can.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?