I have about 500 dollars to spend for a guitar. I know I wont get a very good guitar for that price but that's all I have and I wont be able to get more money. I usually play metal but I like to add some classic rock once in a while. What guitar could i get for that price that looks kinda metaly and has a fairly good sound to it?
what's your current gear, and do you have any preference's into what your guitar is constructed of?
A starcaster
I just want something that's a lot better than that. I'm not very good at knowing the differences between what guitars constructed of. This is going to be my first semi-good guitar. I was thinking an Ibanez, but i'm not an expert on electrics so that's why I'm asking.
Quote by horloko
I have about 500 dollars to spend for a guitar. I know I wont get a very good guitar for that price but that's all I have and I wont be able to get more money

actually you can probably get alot of good guitars for$500 just go play alot of different ones and see what you like the best

Quote by mattman93
This, atheists talk about religion more then religious people.

Youtube
Save some more and get an ec-1000
(۳ ˚Д˚۳
WTFISTHIS****!?!??

My Rig

Quote by SimplyBen
Wait until he's trying the fullstack, then shove it from behind. Crushing him with it's overdrive

Quote by BobDetroit
You can't tune a LP copies down. Some kind of lawsuit Gibson won. Sorry.
get an ESP LTD AX-50

its a great guitar, it looks awesome, and only usually $220at stores, but its about $700 if u buy it online
PRS Custom SE

Many of the Ibanez guitars at the low end are cheap and play great. I have a GAX70 (200$) and it rocks for that price point. I think the RG series would probably be better though.

Schecter has a few in that price range that sound pretty good from what I hear.

Umm, guess you could try a squire or epiphone but I'm not a fan of either of those. Many people like them though.

Right now I have the PRS and the Ibanez and love both of them. Plan on picking up either another higher grade Ibanez or the Schecter C1 Hellraiser. I play them through either a Fender Blues Jr, Vox AD30VT, or Line6 toneport (may be picking up a Peavey ValveKing 112 this weekend too.. whee). Can get some really good tones for almost any kind of music.
Get a Gibson SG Faded. Good for metal and classic rock.
Quote by juniorlbj
Gentlemen...

It's fap time!
what's your amp, what type of metal, and what type of classic rock?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?