So I need some overdrive pedal ideas. I'd like it to boost the amps od to get more gain, I'd like it to tighten up the sound ( bottom end), and keep the amps natural tone, these are a few I've been looking at:

Digitech Bad monkey

Ibanez TS808 Vintage Tube Screamer Reissue

Ibanez TS9 Tube Screamer

Maxon OD-9 Overdrive

Visual Sound V2 Series V2JH Jekyll and Hyde Overdrive and Distortion

I guess the jekyll and hyde pedal would be cool cause I could get a different sound with the distortion, but is the OD any good?

As for an amp, I'm currently looking but I just like to keep OD's in mind cause I'll probably end up getting one sooner or later.

Thanks
Gear:
Fender Highway One HSS Strat
Art & Lutherie Cedar Acoustic
Line6 UX2
No amp ... Help me find an amp
Last edited by mrxtreme_4 at Oct 31, 2008,
i haven't tried the visual sound one, but i think the jekyll side is meant to be more or less a clone of a ts808. could be wrong, though.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
What's the amp?
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
wont matter if you amp sucks

Epi Les Paul Std w/Duncans
ESP LTD EX260
Cry Baby From Hell
Marshall JH-1
EHX Metal Muff
MXR EVH Phase 90
Carl Martin Classic Chorus
EHX #1 Echo
Ibanez LU-20
Dunlop DCB-10
Crate V50112
Tascam US144

PEDALBOARD JUNKIES
I'll be using the od to boost the overdrive channel if anything, to give it a bit more gain and to tighten it up.

EDIT: Like I said in the first post, I Don't have an amp yet, I'm looking. It'll be a decent amp, like a traynor ycs50 or a used jcm900, I'll be using the od to get them into metal territory if I need to or just to tighten it up.
Gear:
Fender Highway One HSS Strat
Art & Lutherie Cedar Acoustic
Line6 UX2
No amp ... Help me find an amp
I always loved the sound of a tube screamer. Of course, that might be just a hair more gain then you are looking for.

For what you're looking for, I would get the boss overdrive.
Here is a link to what it sounds like. (may be a short introduction video that I would skip)
http://www.bossus.com/gear/productdetails.php?ProductId=131&ParentId=90
1979 Gibson Les Paul Silverburst
James Tyler Variax JTV89
Schecter C1 Classic
Ibanez RG520QS
Greg Bennett Torino TR4

Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier
GSP1101 & Pod X3 Pro
Peavey 5150 & JSX
Bugera 6262 & 333XL
Carvin V3
Spider Valve HD100