IS MY NEW FN HERO

well for those of you that dont watch fn sports. He is a player for the Philadelphia Phillies. Today was the parade which I skipped FN school for. After the parade select players made a little speech. Chase Utley comes up to the podium and just says "World Champions...World ****ing Champions." UNCENSORED INFRONT OF 1000000+ people on cable. He said it in front of thousands of kids. The guy is supposed to be a big role model and to do that is just pure badass. He has more FN balls than any person in sports ever has.

Chase FN Utley is my new hero.
[wheeze}FNtastic.[/wheeze]

Quote by Bill43

I wouldn't know an Opeth song from an Egg McMuffin
you think he or the network will get a fine from the assholes at the FCC?
Quote by nincompoop
potcorn56, you are a god.
the parade today was nuts. might feet are killing me but it was so worth it!!!

oh and the utley thing was awesome.
which global competition did they win?
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
Quote by Minkaro
The FN Cup, I think.

The FN World Series! Are you FN retarded?
I can honestly say I have really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like.

I don't always post on UG, but when I do, I post in the Pit. Stay thirsty my friends.
Quote by IMABBALLPLAYER
The FN World Series! Are you FN retarded?

so how many FN countries is this series open to?

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
Quote by Lemoninfluence
so how many FN countries is this series open to?

america.
i used to be a mod, then i took an arrow in the knee.
cool, FN world champions!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote by element4433
Quote by mikeyElite
america.

...and FN Canada!
I can honestly say I have really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like.

I don't always post on UG, but when I do, I post in the Pit. Stay thirsty my friends.
ok in all seriousness now, I understand the fact that the world series is now just a brand name, just like the champions league isn't only the champions of the individual leagues of europe (soccer).

but don't you think it's a bit full of yourself to label your team, which can only compete against teams from one (two if you count the single team from canada) country, world champions.

I know the tradition goes back to when the american league was basically the only one in existence and so you could logically claim to be world champions/the best team in the world. but now there are other leagues in existence, wouldn't it be more accurate to call yourselves the series winners or something?

you may very well be the best team in the world, but winning a competition which only allows teams from north america to compete doesn't (or maybe more accurately, shouldn't) entitle you to call yourselves world champions.

am I missing something here that makes this thing make sense to baseball fans?

EDIT:... FN

>_>

<_<

Quote by element4433
The parade was awesome. Chase is amazing!
James "The Rev" Sullivan
1981-2009
May He Rest In Peace
I wanted to go to the parade so FN bad. Most of my friends got to go, and all I could do was just watch on TV. Philly's like, half an hour away from where I live, too. Anyways, yeah, Utley pretty much rocks.
HeartGold FC: 4340 7508 2259
Black FC: 5114 4986 4432
Quote by IMABBALLPLAYER
...and FN Canada!

forgot the blue jays existed.
i used to be a mod, then i took an arrow in the knee.