i own an ibanez Ael20e and its a great guitar.

i have Ernie ball hybrid strings on their now, but theirs just a little buzz on the third fret and a little tiny bit on the 5th, i was thinking about getting super slinks cause their a gauge below, but if that doesnt work are their any tips for fixing this problem
get you guitar set up(action/nut height, intonation, neck relief) at any guitar shop, should fix any buzzing
string sizes won't make much of a difference
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Proceed with extreme caution!
Quote by xwarnotwords
i own an ibanez Ael20e and its a great guitar.

i have Ernie ball hybrid strings on their now, but theirs just a little buzz on the third fret and a little tiny bit on the 5th, i was thinking about getting super slinks cause their a gauge below, but if that doesnt work are their any tips for fixing this problem
reducing the string gauge won't fix this. it might make it a bit worse.

but it will make increasing the action a bit more tolerable. that would be an easy fix if the buzz happened only at the higher frets, like 12 and above. but way back at the 3rd and 5th it will have less effect.

FRET LEVELING. read about it, and if you feel confident in your abilities, do it.
else, take your guitar to a luthier and have that done as part of a complete set-up.

good luck.

Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.