hey

im stuck here in a situation
a guy i don't really know has given me a pedal to borrow for a while
it is a MI AUDIO Tubezone
and me and this guy have no idea what the current draw is for this effect pedal

doesn't anybody know and can lighten the situation?
Quote by Cobain_Is_King
There's this cool shop in Auckland called Google. It has everything.

oh look, the have a website: www.google.com
my mate reckons i should use a boss power supply 9v 200mA
i just don't wanna blow the power supply
Quote by Cobain_Is_King
There's this cool shop in Auckland called Google. It has everything.

oh look, the have a website: www.google.com
That should work, it probably doesn't draw much more than 20 or 30 ma
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
sneakytopedit: 20 or 30 mA? thats seems quite low....

Quote by BlackEmissions
my mate reckons i should use a boss power supply 9v 200mA
i just don't wanna blow the power supply

you wont blow the supply, you would just under-power the pedal, and it might not sounds as good as it could. i dont believe that would be over what the pedal would take, but if it is, i think the pedal can take the extra juice, being of a high build quality with good components.
Higher is better then lower the pedal will take what it needs but if the supply is lower then it needs you have an issue. So to be safe go the highest you can find which will probably be a 500ma if its a single supply.
Quote by Skierinanutshel
sneakytopedit: 20 or 30 mA? thats seems quite low....

you wont blow the supply, you would just under-power the pedal, and it might not sounds as good as it could. i dont believe that would be over what the pedal would take, but if it is, i think the pedal can take the extra juice, being of a high build quality with good components.

Not really, note:

http://www.bossus.com/gear/productdetails.php?ProductId=127&ParentId=90
http://www.bossus.com/gear/productdetails.php?ProductId=126&ParentId=90

Edit: and really all you need to worry about is running too much voltage to the pedal.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
/rant

wow, I HATE IT SOOOO MUCH when make answer to things they don't know anything about.

For amperage, you want to have more mA than the pedal needs, so for example

I can put a 2000mA power supply into a pedal that draws 300mA and it will only use 300mA of that 2000mA

Voltage: you need to match this, usually single effects/basic-ish effects are 9v, while larger ones, sometimes combined effects are 18v, this is not always the case though. I know my visual sound h2o is a pretty large pedal and it's only a 9v supply.

I think you'd be safe using a 9v power supply. with enough mA
05' G&L S-500
95' Godin LGX

96' Yamaha APX 6-A

Peavey Classic 30
Maxon OD808
huh, i thought 100 mA was the lowest i've seen, but i havent really looked for that sort of thing.

edit: obviously the mA isnt as important as the volts, mismatch volts and thats a great way to fry a pedal, i was just worried more about the pedal not getting enough draw.