I saw another thread here where a guy was talking about writing a song in 5/4, and I thought it would be interesting to hear some other music in 5/4, as the only one I know of is the Halloween theme song.
ALWAYS

WANNA BE WITH YOU,
MAKE BELIEV
E WITH YOU,
AND L
IVE IN HARMONY, HARMONY,

OH, LOOVE!
Vicarious by Tool. The start is 5/4 and some other parts of the song, but it changes.
~ J6hn
By the way, if you're interested in different time signatures, there's a song in 7/8 on my profile
~ J6hn
My Wave by Soundgarden... that main riff part.... that's in 5/4.

CT
Could I get some more talent in the monitors, please?

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

Chris is the king of relating music things to other objects in real life.
take five by dave brubeck (the george benson guitar arrangement).
Quote by T.S.R.
what?
if i were a midget...id go masturbate in public because...hey, im a midget and i can get away with anything

Quote by yawn
I heard Hitler was a pretty good guitarist back in his day...

Quote by guitar?
You're a towel.
Rush YYZ. the opening is awesome and in 5/4.....or 10/8. im not sure
@bluestrat - I love your sig!

CT
Could I get some more talent in the monitors, please?

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

Chris is the king of relating music things to other objects in real life.
Perhaps the most famous example of 5/4 time in rock music is the beginning (and all repeats of) the intro to Cream's White Room.

Quote by blue_strat
Dream Theater - Erotomania
Like most DT songs, Erotomania alternates between many meters. Please specify a certain part in 5/4.

Quote by s-g man
Rush YYZ. the opening is awesome and in 5/4.....or 10/8. im not sure
My powertab says 10/8, granted, it isn't from Rush or a professional transcriber as far as I know.

Perhaps I'm leaning this way because of what my tab says, but I'd say that it's in 10/8. There is never a quarter-note feel established by any of the instruments to suggest 5/4.

TS, if you know Symphony X, there is one part in The Divine Wings of Tragedy where Romeo is playing a Du du du Du du du Du Du kind of riff (The Prophet's Cry section, I believe) which is in 5/4. Some of the acoustic stuff in the beginning could be argued to use 5/4 as well. He does some 5/4 acoustic stuff in The Odyssey as well.
i thought halloween theme was 10/8, never mind, though.
+1 to whoever said take 5, love that song.

*inserts bill bailey gag*

-"Never play take 5 at a funeral, as the odd meter removes the seriousness of the situation"

*resumes normailty*
You mightn't be interested in his music, but Andy Irvine drew influences from Bulgaria and other eastern european countries and fused them with traditional Irish music. Parts of the intro and outro of his version of the Plains of Kildare is in 5/4 with a triplet feel, which could be written as 15/8.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D1l8hSBqS3E here's a link
Slash's Snakepit - "What Do You Want To Be"
Quote by Seryaph
You need to douse it in a 20/30/50 ratio of mustard/ketchup/horseradish and stroke it as fast as you can untill the mayonaise squirts out. Then consume.
By far my favorite use of 5/4 is the main theme of Dream Theater's Stream of Consciousness, for the simple reason that it is the only use of 5/4 I've ever heard that doesn't sound like 4/4 with a quarter note tacked onto it.
Someones knowledge of guitar companies spelling determines what amps you can own. Really smart people can own things like Framus because they sound like they might be spelled with a "y" but they aren't.
Quote by Archeo Avis
By far my favorite use of 5/4 is the main theme of Dream Theater's Stream of Consciousness, for the simple reason that it is the only use of 5/4 I've ever heard that doesn't sound like 4/4 with a quarter note tacked onto it.

I think Wait For Sleep is the same thing. I never noticed that it was in 5/4 before I looked at the sheet music. It seems to flow so naturally without seeming irregular.
Quote by Arbitror
Dream Theater - Beyond This Life
Again, DT uses many meter changes. Much of that song alternates between 4/4 and 7/8. Please specify a section.