In preparing for the Halloween festivities I am about to embark upon in an hour or so, I really cleaned myself up for meeting a bunch of new people. Long, hot shower, brushing teeth, flossing, listerine, etc. So I am sitting here playing some guitar to soothe my guitar fix before I leave and I thought I would belt out a few tunes. WOW! My singing from this afternoon improved so much. I am having an awesome range and a smooth voice. Is there a tie between washing out your mouth very well and singing very well?
My Gear:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster
Epiphone Sheraton II
Fender Blues Deluxe Reissue
Teese RMC Picture Wah
MXR Carbon Copy
Keeley Modded TS9
Korg Pitchblack
Schecter Omen 6
Dean Performer Acoustic

yeah.. but u should do that stuff normally.. you might get more friends while ure at it
"You're a twat!"- That dude in morrisons

"You Ugly git!" - That girl in the restaurant

"You Were a Mistake!" - Mum

just a few of my fans..

Quote by will123456789
yeah.. but u should do that stuff normally.. you might get more friends while ure at it

well of course I do that stuff normally but I don't really put as much effort into it as I did tonight. I was literally brushing for 5 minutes and listerine-ing for 2 minutes, longer than I usually do.
My Gear:
Epiphone Sheraton II
Teese RMC Picture Wah
MXR Carbon Copy
Keeley Modded TS9
Korg Pitchblack
Schecter Omen 6
Dean Performer Acoustic

That's kinda silly. When bands are on the road they probably only shower and stuff like once a week and they can still put on one hell of a show..
Her friends are gazing on her,
And on her gaudy bier,
And weep!-oh! to dishonor
Dead beauty with a tear!
They loved her for her wealth-
And they hated her for her pride-
But she grew in feeble health,
And they love her-that she died.
It's probably all confidence. You look good and you know you look good.
Could it be that maybe I had junk in my mouth and throat and now that its gone, I can resonate much better with no interference?
My Gear:
Epiphone Sheraton II
Teese RMC Picture Wah
MXR Carbon Copy
Keeley Modded TS9
Korg Pitchblack
Schecter Omen 6
Dean Performer Acoustic

Quote by Sylvanus
You could just be warmed up.

i would guess this. i have never found hygiene to do anything for anyone's voice, though smoking and drinking are going to change your range, and sugar and caffeine will temporarily be bad for your voice.

i did choir in highschool and my teacher always suggested eating apples and drinking lukewarm water. cold water will cause your throat to tighten and apple juice is good because of its consistency.

Quote by WlCmToTheJungle
Could it be that maybe I had junk in my mouth and throat and now that its gone, I can resonate much better with no interference?

eww.......that means you better brush more often you hobo
Quote by dudius
i would guess this. i have never found hygiene to do anything for anyone's voice, though smoking and drinking are going to change your range, and sugar and caffeine will temporarily be bad for your voice.

i did choir in highschool and my teacher always suggested eating apples and drinking lukewarm water. cold water will cause your throat to tighten and apple juice is good because of its consistency.

eww.......that means you better brush more often you hobo

or it means I ate lunch and usually there is some particles of food left in your mouth until your brush your teeth that night whether you know it or not?
My Gear:
Epiphone Sheraton II
Teese RMC Picture Wah
MXR Carbon Copy
Keeley Modded TS9
Korg Pitchblack
Schecter Omen 6
Dean Performer Acoustic

Steam from shower really helps cleaning and soothing the whole vocal system. Trust me, Im a singer.

Btw, many singers actually use a steam inhaler before shows. It moistens up the vocal chords and gets rid of excess mucous.
Last edited by zwound at Oct 31, 2008,
Quote by WlCmToTheJungle
well of course I do that stuff normally but I don't really put as much effort into it as I did tonight. I was literally brushing for 5 minutes and listerine-ing for 2 minutes, longer than I usually do.

oh: that changes my opinion now.. lets leave this joint for something more personal!
"You're a twat!"- That dude in morrisons

"You Ugly git!" - That girl in the restaurant

"You Were a Mistake!" - Mum

just a few of my fans..

Listerine is about 30/40% alcoholic volume, your drunk and think your awesome.

We all do it.
Quote by zwound
Steam from shower really helps cleaning and soothing the whole vocal system. Trust me, Im a singer.

Saves me the trouble of saying it. Warm air soothes your lungs. That's where your increased range came from.
Quote by Sylvanus
You could just be warmed up.

+1
Quote by Durell, spelt like Derrell but pronounced Durell
Can I get yo beautiful ass numba?
It was the hot shower, works for me everytime.
Quote by DieGarbageMan
can i get a tl;dr up in this bitch?

A mod makes a joke and hi-jacks a thread...

Quote by paintITblack39
usually, this is often discussed in the political threads ...

let's change the question: are you pro or antti niemi?